The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Elles
Do they show up to crash calls?

Uhhh I'll get back to you on that (i.e. when i'm on a night (which isn't THAT often) and a crash call happens).
Furthermore - considering how many more times I've been mistaken for a reg I feel I should be allowed to post in here :p:
Helenia
:five: It'll be fine. I will buy muffins if nobody dies.

Thanks for the muffin - much appreciated. However it turned out to be a little premature - got a crash call to one of mine (the really ill one) about 30 mins after you left. No happy ending.
Reply 383
Spencer Wells
Thanks for the muffin - much appreciated. However it turned out to be a little premature - got a crash call to one of mine (the really ill one) about 30 mins after you left. No happy ending.

:frown: Sad times. Hope the rest of it was ok.
Helenia
:frown: Sad times. Hope the rest of it was ok.

19 new ones over the day (and that's AFTER some went to COE and stroke ward).
Reply 385
Spencer Wells
19 new ones over the day (and that's AFTER some went to COE and stroke ward).

I guess the Dr Foster effect couldn't last forever. :wink: Good luck tomorrow!
Reply 386
Carnage on-call - **** (from a lap wound), piss, blood and PEG feed on my trousers tonight, but at least I've finished urology.
Congrats mate.
Reply 388
Belated Merry Christmas guys! Hope you all get at least some time off!

Meanwhile I'm contemplating a Tuesday on take after a 4 day weekend... :s:
Helenia

Meanwhile I'm contemplating a Tuesday on take after a 4 day weekend... :s:
If I survive tomorrow, I'll help you out on Tuesday.
Reply 390
What has happened to my life???!!!?!
Reply 391
Fluffy
What has happened to my life???!!!?!

:ditto: My flat is a total state because when I get home I just can't face doing any housework. And the boy is ill so he can't do anything :frown:

Also, this week's take has been tremendously unfair - we took 35 on Tuesday (average for our hospital probably 20-30). Yesterday they took fewer than that and today there were FIVE on the list when I left. Sucks to be on/under our team.
Helenia
Sucks to be on/under our team.

Sing it loud.
Reply 393
Spencer Wells
Sing it loud.

Well, there were only 2 yesterday when the RMG came for his mid-take WR. But then apparently it got busy...

I also discovered the CoE nurses' secret stash of all the Christmassy food they'd been given! :eek:
Reply 394
I don't know if any of you guys would be able to help me with this, but it's worth a shot at least...

My boyfriend is in the process of being diagnosed with (probably) Hodgkin's lymphoma. It will all depend on the staging as to how long treatment lasts, but I'd guess at the very least he'll still be having regular follow-up, investigations etc by August when I become an F2 and move to Medway (in Gillingham). I'd already been trying to swap to get an F2 year inside London just because I don't want to commute that far every day, but this gives me extra impetus to want to be nearer! I've read the criteria for special circumstances, and I'm not convinced I meet them as he's not "disabled," just requiring nasty treatment! I also don't know if it'll count as we're not married, though we live together and his parents are ~100 miles away so I am currently his sole "carer." Plus it's too late anyway - we didn't know at the time when you had to submit your application for special circs. I just wonder if it would be worth dropping them an e-mail explaining the situation and asking to be considered if there are any London F2 posts which are unexpectedly unfilled? I'm trying to arrange something through the swap shop, but no luck yet.
Reply 395
Helenia
I don't know if any of you guys would be able to help me with this, but it's worth a shot at least...

I completely missed that - how horrible - thoughts with you both.

Definitely worth trying - if you don't ask you can't get. Within the North Thames-s there will be FY2 jobs unexpectedly now vacant/up for competition with the stand-alone FY1s as they created some new academic ones...
Reply 396
Helenia
by August when I become an F2 and move to I'm trying to arrange something through the swap shop, but no luck yet.

Hello, sounds like you're both going through some difficult times. I'm not sure how helpful this is, have you maybe considered locum work?
Wangers
have you maybe considered locum work?

Pretty sure that won't count towards training.
Reply 398
Sorry to hear that :-(.

If you haven't already, you need to contact your head of F1 at your current hospital and get them on side, then contact STFS's Foundation School Director and Foundation School Managers.

If you have any trouble, or want to find out where you stand, you could try the UKFPO directly...
Reply 399
USS tomorrow

Latest

Trending

Trending