The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Dr Renal, whoop whoop!
Reply 61
Dr Elles checking in too! :hoppy:

Thought I'd check student self service on the off chance they've updated since Friday afternoon & they have..! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Congratulations to all.
I'm trying to pos rep all (think still need some for Elles but first thing is to neg rep that radiographer tool)

Good luck with the F1 posts and always always keep in mind you are the bottom of a very very long ladder with a steep learning curve.

Don't let anyone make you feel stupid or incompetent if you're not sure what you are doing.
If you're not sure ask. NEVER blag it.
Always consult the BNF before writing any nurse demanded prescription that you aren't sure of.
Get yourselves an F1 buddy when in surgery - a person who you can always check with if you are unsure and your seniors are not picking up.
Reply 63
Jamie
Congratulations to all.
I'm trying to pos rep all (think still need some for Elles but first thing is to neg rep that radiographer tool)

Good luck with the F1 posts and always always keep in mind you are the bottom of a very very long ladder with a steep learning curve.

Don't let anyone make you feel stupid or incompetent if you're not sure what you are doing.
Always consult the BNF before writing any nurse demanded prescription that you aren't sure of.
Get yourselves an F1 buddy when in surgery - a person who you can always check with if you are unsure and your seniors are not picking up.
Cheers Jamie, thanks a lot mate. :smile:
Jamie
Congratulations to all.

Thanks, strong advice.
Reply 65
Thanks Jamie - much appreciated :smile:

PS - what radiographer?
Reply 66
Got A+E rota, tis rather hardcore!

Bloody EWTD - there are so many random shifts! :mad:
Daveo
Got A+E rota, tis rather hardcore!

Bloody EWTD - there are so many random shifts! :mad:

yeh it blows. Especially the modern attitude of 'it doesn't matter if you work 3 weekends out of 4 - you have tuesday and wednesday morning off each week.

Well great, because i can do soooo much between 6am and 12pm on tuesday and wednesday...
Reply 68
Congrats to everyone getting their final results! I got (one of) my degree certificates in the post just before the holiday, so I am officially BChir now, but need to go to a proper ceremony with gowns and Latin to get the MB half... Now I just have to move house and I'm all set to go!
Reply 69
The wonders of rotas! I'm working the next 5 weekends and in the next 30 days I have 2 days off only! Fun times! Looking forward to A+e though.
Reply 70
Hello, just wondered where everyone is going to be working in August, I'm off to Bath. Hope its good as I've had a fab year in Gloucester and am rather reluctant to leave!
Reply 71
Egypt
Hello, just wondered where everyone is going to be working in August, I'm off to Bath. Hope its good as I've had a fab year in Gloucester and am rather reluctant to leave!

What job are you doing? You'll love it!
Reply 72
Daveo
What job are you doing? You'll love it!

Im starting in ITU, then CotE and finishing in A&E. I'm a bit apprehensive about starting in ITU, the rota looks like my old AAU (lots of nights, weekends and long days!), I won't be able to rely on being "just a houce officer"! Having said that, they can't expect too much from an ITU virgin, can they?! where are you going next?
Reply 73
Egypt!!! I'm back at the ancestral seat! Contemplating some BRI to wind me up at GRH!
Reply 74
Egypt
I've had a fab year in Gloucester and am rather reluctant to leave!

*****!! Call the Gloucester Toursit Board - I've NEVER heard those words uttered before :wink:
Reply 75
Egypt
Im starting in ITU, then CotE and finishing in A&E. I'm a bit apprehensive about starting in ITU, the rota looks like my old AAU (lots of nights, weekends and long days!), I won't be able to rely on being "just a houce officer"! Having said that, they can't expect too much from an ITU virgin, can they?! where are you going next?

I'm doing 2 weeks of itu at the moment! It's good, one of the best units in the country! The staff are all really nice and there always seems to be a reg or
consultant around to support the juniors! You'll be fine. Unfortunately I'm going to the middle of nowhere down south! I am staying living here tho.
Reply 76
Fluffy
*****!! Call the Gloucester Toursit Board - I've NEVER heard those words uttered before :wink:

Well, just to clarify... I lived in Ross-on-Wye, went out in Cheltenham, shopped in Hereford, I only actually went to work in Gloucester!
Reply 77
Daveo
It's good, one of the best units in the country! The staff are all really nice and there always seems to be a reg or consultant around to support the juniors!
When I did ITU as a student, the unit I was on didn't have less than three registrars and a consultant on during the day.
Reply 78
Egypt
Well, just to clarify... I lived in Ross-on-Wye, went out in Cheltenham, shopped in Hereford, I only actually went to work in Gloucester!

Relief (although Chelt can be a bit dodgy :wink: )!!!! Hope and Anchor RoW FTW!
Reply 79
Fluffy

:rofl: - I know.

Next people will be saying Weston-super-Mare is OK. :no:

Latest

No latest threads to show

Trending

Trending