Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For some years now I was under the impression that Zinedine Zidane was generally regarded as the best player in the world. However, due to my conversations with some people (a few on this board) he does not fill this title so I ask you to suggest a better player.

Here is a link supporting my view. It gives my main views on the matter:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3239362.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    For some years now I was under the impression that Zinedine Zidane was generally regarded as the best player in the world. However, due to my conversations with some people (a few on this board) he does not fill this title so I ask you to suggest a better player.

I think you’ll find its nun o the above and is in fact Dean Ashton (peace be upon him) of the mighty Crewe Alexandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd best player would have 2 be Christian Vieri or Raul!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armatillian)

2nd best player would have 2 be Christian Vieri or Raul!!
    Vieri is very good but still very injury-prone and Raul is consistently magnificent but not the best.

ReputationRep:
    Vieri is very good but still very injury-prone and Raul is consistently magnificent but not the best.
    i would have thought, football being a team sport, you cant really consider which one player is the best, as he is useless on his own. fine considering which team is best though.

ReputationRep:
    Depends wot ya judgin on – neither is best all round player – that’s probs nedved. But the first player id want in a team is raul – cos first n foremost u need sum1 who can finish n hes the most prolific finisher in the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    i would have thought, football being a team sport, you cant really consider which one player is the best, as he is useless on his own. fine considering which team is best though.
    It's quite easily actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by armatillian)
    Depends wot ya judgin on – neither is best all round player – that’s probs nedved. But the first player id want in a team is raul – cos first n foremost u need sum1 who can finish n hes the most prolific finisher in the game.
    I didnt want to put best all-round because that immediately rules out players like Raul, Ronaldo and Van N. So give the question your own interpretation.

Raul!

ReputationRep:
    Any of the good looking ones

(Well, what other incentive is there to watch them for 90 mins?!)

ReputationRep:

but what did he do against my boys last year? nothing.
    daar hoorden zijn engelen zingen....ajax..ajax..ajax

super raffie en wesley zijn de toekomst!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    but what did he do against my boys last year? nothing.
    daar hoorden zijn engelen zingen....ajax..ajax..ajax

super raffie en wesley zijn de toekomst!!!
    I didnt realise Real and Ajax had met last season.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt realise Real and Ajax had met last season.
    it was in reference to henry, since i assume thats what the article was trying to say.

ReputationRep:
    Thiery Henry on current form. For his clarity of vision and ability to pose a threat and take a defence apart when there are no obvious options.

ReputationRep:
    henry is good,but yeh, raul is good aswell

ReputationRep:
    it was in reference to henry, since i assume thats what the article was trying to say.
    The article rated Zidane as the Worlds best player.
    I would appreciate it if you would read what i have written before replying, Vienna!

ReputationRep:
    The article rated Zidane as the Worlds best player.
    I would appreciate it if you would read what i have written before replying, Vienna!
    you didnt say either way..i just took the article as a promotion of henry. i should have been more specific, sorry, i just didnt really care when i wrote it.

ReputationRep:
    you didnt say either way..i just took the article as a promotion of henry. i should have been more specific, sorry, i just didnt really care when i wrote it.
    That's quite alright, Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    That's quite alright, Vienna.
    incidently, raffie van der vaart is the worlds best player. the dutch beckham is actually better than the real thing...

ReputationRep:
    incidently, raffie van der vaart is the worlds best player. the dutch beckham is actually better than the real thing...
    I am a massive fan of Van der Vaart and Van der Meyde (indeed the Dutch team in general) but I cant say that Van der Vaart is better than Zidane.

Ooijer looks pretty handy as well.

ReputationRep:
    I am a massive fan of Van der Vaart and Van der Meyde (indeed the Dutch team in general) but I cant say that Van der Vaart is better than Zidane.

Ooijer looks pretty handy as well.
    van der meijde is alright.
    ooijer is ok, heitinga and van boxtel will be better.

van der vaart, robben, and sneijder are better. van persie is funny.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.