Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    van der meijde is alright.
    ooijer is ok, heitinga and van boxtel will be better.

van der vaart, robben, and sneijder are better. van persie is funny.
    Sneijder will be called one of the worlds best midfielders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Sneijder will be called one of the worlds best midfielders.
    Frank Lampard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Frank Lampard
    little wes is barely 20 and im sure hes better than frank

ReputationRep:
    little wes is barely 20 and im sure hes better than frank
    No one is better than Frankie - his vision, his consistency, his long range shots...

ReputationRep:
    we'll probably have the second youngest team ever to play a champions league match tonight..thats what im being told. love my boys.

Vermoedelijke opstelling Ajax.
    Bogdan Lobont (25); Nigel de Jong (18), Abubakari Yakubu (21), Johnny Heitinga (20), Julien Escudé (24), Maxwell (22); Anthony Obodai (21), Tomás Galásek (30), Wesley Sneijder (19); Zlatan Ibrahimovic (22), Nicolae Mitea (18).

ReputationRep:
    well who's going to win the world footballer of the year? Henry, Zidane or Ronaldo? And who deserves it?

Of course my vote goes to Henry, I can't see Zidane winning it since he came third last year.

ReputationRep:
    zidane's too old.

i think its hard to label a single player as the best in the world. its better to catagorise into the positions they play.

goalkeeper: in england im partial to richard wright, partly cos of his looks, partly cos how nice he was when imet him, and partly cos of teh way he plays... he's much better than james anyway..

defender: rio ferdinand is good 4 england, but ekh for man utd. i think hermann hreidarsson is wicked too( obv cos im a charlton player) but my fave defender wld prolly b sol campbell

midfielder: ooh scotty parker!!!!!!! outsida charlton i thinkkkkk becks wen he plays for england and i cant think of ne one else rite now,

goalscoarer: micheal owen or wayne rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    zidane's too old.

i think its hard to label a single player as the best in the world. its better to catagorise into the positions they play.

goalkeeper: in england im partial to richard wright, partly cos of his looks, partly cos how nice he was when imet him, and partly cos of teh way he plays... he's much better than james anyway..

defender: rio ferdinand is good 4 england, but ekh for man utd. i think hermann hreidarsson is wicked too( obv cos im a charlton player) but my fave defender wld prolly b sol campbell

midfielder: ooh scotty parker!!!!!!! outsida charlton i thinkkkkk becks wen he plays for england and i cant think of ne one else rite now,

How many goals has Rooney actually scored for his club this season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    How many goals has Rooney actually scored for his club this season?
    good point- but he's good for england!

ReputationRep:
    zidane's too old.

Absolute rubbish. Your range does not stretch outside the Premiership! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    No one is better than Frankie - his vision, his consistency, his long range shots...
    You can't know too much about football from that!

...either that or you are totally blinded by loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    I would still have to go for Zidane every time. Although, Henry's performace against Inter last night was sensational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Absolute rubbish. Your range does not stretch outside the Premiership! :rolleyes:
    yeh well thats wat i watch. i find the other european leagues boring.

ReputationRep:
    yeh well thats wat i watch. i find the other european leagues boring.
    They are only boring if you are deviod of any footballing knowledge whatsoever. I assume by that 'boring' you mean that the games are generally played at a slower pace which is true. The reason for this however is that the standard of play is much higher. Defenses are tighter, individual technique is of a higher quality, teams keep possesion for longer, etc, etc.
    Hence only 1 English winner of the European Cup in recent seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denia xxxxxxxxx)
    They are only boring if you are deviod of any footballing knowledge whatsoever. I assume by that 'boring' you mean that the games are generally played at a slower pace which is true. The reason for this however is that the standard of play is much higher. Defenses are tighter, individual technique is of a higher quality, teams keep possesion for longer, etc, etc.
    Hence only 1 English winner of the European Cup in recent seasons.
    just cos i find other leagues boring doesnt mean i'm "devoid of any footballing knowledge whatsoever" . european football is slow and mosta the players are diving round all over the place. the premier league is much more xciting in my opinion . but thats just me.

ReputationRep:
    How about Gary Neville?
    He's a one of the few defenders who scored goalson on regular bases (againts man u ofcours )

ReputationRep:
    mosta the players are diving round all over the place. .
    So Pires, Van Nistelrooy, etc don't dive?

ReputationRep:
    the best player in the world without question needs all qualities , creator, clinical finisher, defensive, quick
    and tht player is paul scholes
    last seasons best midfieilder officially he is the best in the world followed by del piero, zidane, van nistelroy and henry

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Thierry Henry.

Like Ian Wright this man is blessed,and was sent down from heaven to grace English Football.

Ian Wright was the man.(Arsenal Legend)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    incidently, raffie van der vaart is the worlds best player. the dutch beckham is actually better than the real thing...

Don't think people take the Dutch tooo seriously, after their 'showing' in the 2002 World Cup (which for them was over even before the year had gotten underway!). I haven't really followed footie of late, when I left it Ajax were pretty useless after having sold almost all their top players.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.