Turn on thread page Beta

how much revision do you do each night watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just wondering

also is any1 doin as psychology? im actually doin a2 but im resitting the aqa module 1 introducing psychology. i wondered if there were any good revision sites for this . thanx

ReputationRep:
    i no its not the best advice but i didnt revise at all and came out with As Bs and Cs. if id av rebvised it would of all got jumbled up in my head. its easier not to revise for some, but i dont no bout u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wondering
    How does none sound?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    How does none sound?
    It sounds like you better start praying if you want good grades

[FONT=comic sans ms][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta]well i think ur wrong cuz i get realli anouyed with myself cuz i dnt study or get the grades i can its more muddled up in my head now without revision but the thing is that i have got to the stage i dont care what i do ! i never study do work or listen to the teachers and i came bk throu choice she its weird maybe if i hadda revised last yr i'd have got used to it and not minded soo much

ReputationRep:
    About an hour and a half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyFadge)
    About an hour and a half
    the only work i do is the night before its due in.worked for in high school and its working for me at 6thform

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying AS Psychology (AQA/a syllabus). We're already half way through the course, after just 2 months! Our lessons are 95% dictation - our success depends on how well we learn those notes! I need to spend far longer revising than I do, but it's so dull just reading, and mind maps or flash cards don't work for me - any tips, anyone?
    Jo

ReputationRep:
    try s-cool's revision notes on psychology. -they're brief but some good stuff there.
    i recorded loads of info onto midisc whihc really drummed it in coz i kept messing up and starting again. a lot of poeple play this while going to sleep but i had my 'stress' minidisc playing and it just made me feel v.stressed (ironically) but i did remember that stuff. dearyxxx

ReputationRep:
    With Psychology, I just crammed in the summer! Got 86, 88, 90 and now I've forgotten it all

ReputationRep:
    About an hour a night revsing for my A2 maths exams and resits in January.

Then about an hour and a half/ two hours for other homework

My friend who does psychology seems to spend about twice as long on it as she does for any other subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuniperBlue)
    I'm studying AS Psychology (AQA/a syllabus). We're already half way through the course, after just 2 months! Our lessons are 95% dictation - our success depends on how well we learn those notes! I need to spend far longer revising than I do, but it's so dull just reading, and mind maps or flash cards don't work for me - any tips, anyone?
    Jo
    Just wait until A2 Psychology! It gets harder - they expect you do to lots of wider reading (outside of lessons) and evaluation and discussion in your essays. I just used spider maps to remember key theories and studies. I don't know what I'm going to do this year :confused: it's becoming more about exam technique than knowledge and understanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    How does none sound?
    Sounds about the same as I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Just wait until A2 Psychology!
    Ahh, one more reason why I'm leaving it at AS!

I'll try recording my notes onto a CD and playing it while I sleep, hope it works!!

Jo xx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 29, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.