This discussion is closed.
Decyfa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
what u wanna do etc?????????
David Flight
Report 13 years ago
I used to work in music. I had a brief hit single in 1963 with 'Love me do', but a lesser known band at the time, The Beatles, covered it. My version was better, though.
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Decyfa)
what u wanna do etc?????????
Where are you going to university?
stu673
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would like to be a music journo. doing a completely irrevlevant degree at the mo but hopefully i'll be able to get in there in the end!
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by stu673)
I would like to be a music journo. doing a completely irrevlevant degree at the mo but hopefully i'll be able to get in there in the end!
What sort of music do you want to write about?
Decyfa
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i doin marketing at uni.. but i wuld like 2 orientate it more toward music n media marketing as im a producer/dj/ mc already
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd love to be a composer It's a long way off and I'm not even going to music college, but it's not out of the picture.
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I'd love to be a composer It's a long way off and I'm not even going to music college, but it's not out of the picture.
What do you write?
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
What do you write?
Do you have the scorch plugin? If so you can check me out here http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/onearmedbandit

If not, get the plugin! :p: Or you could download the MIDIs... I have to say not all my stuff is up there... there are many things I want to put up there but which I can't get right or I can't think of a name for!

Hope you like them If you're a member of the site pleeeeeeeeeeeeease write a review I'll give you rep!!
jessicarabbit
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, May 22nd I'm gonna stand in line in Washington D.C. to audition for Puff Daddy's Making the Band.

feel free to laugh.
JonnyB
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Do you have the scorch plugin? If so you can check me out here http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/onearmedbandit
Good stuff.
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would like to be a music journo.
Snap.

I write for my school magazine, and a few other tiny local things. Nothing music related right now though. I'm hoping to get involved with uni publications. To be honest I should just be writing for anyone and everyone right now, but there are exams to pass, and I always seem to be thinking 'ah, I've got time..'

However, while music journalism may well be the dream, I'd quite like to write for newspapers, or news websites. I just want to write, heh...
Focker
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

Have you considered writing for a student newspaper ? Most universities have one and they usually have Music sections .
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads