why - house captain? Watch

This discussion is closed.
indie_couture
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm stuck on actually saying why I want to be a house captain. I seem to keep writing things like..
- im a good leader, organized, reliable, good motivatior/communicator and then give examples...not really why. Probably more suited as to why you, not someone else.
Is this more of the right this to say:
because I want to play more of a part in the house system and ensure it is a success. I also feel I will be able to represent the opinions of those in the house. Personally I would like the challenge, as it is a role I have never had the chance to have in school before.
Is this a long the right lines?
What else can I say?
Thanks xx
natty_d
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm head of house atm.

You need to be enthusiastic and full of energy and REALLY want to do it and want to ensure there is team spirit within your house, and to keep people working together. You have to want to motivate and get people excited about being in a house. Think about new ideas/competitions so that the houses are utilised more.

You NEED to be organised, house competitions can take up a lot of your time and you have to be prepared to take on that responsibility. You also need to be approachable, as you will be having more direct contact with younger pupils, they may come up to you and ask you about whats going on with the house, where the house meeting is etc.

At my school, the heads of house and head girls make up the senior prefect team, so you also need to care about what is going on in school life as well as being able to represent the school effectively.

The main idea is JUST HAVE FUN! It's a brilliant job to have, well I like it anyway!

:yes:
indie_couture
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by natty_d)
I'm head of house atm.

You need to be enthusiastic and full of energy and REALLY want to do it and want to ensure there is team spirit within your house, and to keep people working together. You have to want to motivate and get people excited about being in a house. Think about new ideas/competitions so that the houses are utilised more.

You NEED to be organised, house competitions can take up a lot of your time and you have to be prepared to take on that responsibility. You also need to be approachable, as you will be having more direct contact with younger pupils, they may come up to you and ask you about whats going on with the house, where the house meeting is etc.

At my school, the heads of house and head girls make up the senior prefect team, so you also need to care about what is going on in school life as well as being able to represent the school effectively.

The main idea is JUST HAVE FUN! It's a brilliant job to have, well I like it anyway!

so is what i've said so far okay? I'm okay saying why I'm good for it, though it just feels as though I'm talking about myself! What reasons can I say for why I want it? I'm thinking of saying as I have never had the oppurtunity before, I want to make the house system work and thing it is a really good system to have to make the school more of a family and community and to bring the years together more, as for the past few years I feel it has been quite split. Also I think that if I had come when there had been a house system it would have made the new year 7 fit in more and get used to the school. (Its a new thing at our school you see)
Thankyou x x x
natty_d
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by indie_couture)
so is what i've said so far okay? I'm okay saying why I'm good for it, though it just feels as though I'm talking about myself! What reasons can I say for why I want it? I'm thinking of saying as I have never had the oppurtunity before, I want to make the house system work and thing it is a really good system to have to make the school more of a family and community and to bring the years together more, as for the past few years I feel it has been quite split. Also I think that if I had come when there had been a house system it would have made the new year 7 fit in more and get used to the school. (Its a new thing at our school you see)
Thankyou x x x
Yep. :yy: Write what you feel, if you don't then it won't come across as genuine.

Just work with the fact that the system is new, and that you can help adapt and make it even better.

Good Luck.
DEMH
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
that partly covered my question maybe write more next time
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A great use of the news and current affairs forum.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thread locked - please don't bump old threads
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (156)
17.69%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.62%
No I am happy with my course choice (523)
59.3%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.4%

Watched Threads