The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I think I'll be glad of the break in the summer!!! Lol.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 6761
Original post by bufferz
God I am SOOOOOO bored, first time of no OU study for 2 years, roll on January!!

Haha, I know the feeling...so I've registered on a Python course on Coursera, and I'm going through the Ruby courses on CodeAcademy (and will probably do some others once I've done that). Coursera is definitely worth a look in case there's anything you're interested in starting around now.
Original post by bufferz
no, ive been doing OU non-stop for the past 2 years...this is the first time ive had a break in study, as my next course doesnt start till Jan....and i dunno what to do with myself!!

e-mail the OU to get the .pdf's and crack on with a head start :wink:
So far, so good. Reading for DU301 has been relatively painless; very similar to U213 but much easier to understand!

Not sure what kind of grades you cn expect at level 3 though :confused:
Does anyone if all the level 1 courses have those quizzes to see if you're ready, please?
Original post by OU Student
Does anyone if all the level 1 courses have those quizzes to see if you're ready, please?

I'm fairly sure they don't all have one, but the 'Entry' bit of each module page tells you whatever they think you need to know...
Reply 6766
Does anyone know if the 10% rule for TMA word counts still applies if you have been given a ranged word count?

I.e, if given guidelines of 1500 to 2000 words, can you go up to 2200?

thanks!
Original post by rele84
Does anyone know if the 10% rule for TMA word counts still applies if you have been given a ranged word count?

I.e, if given guidelines of 1500 to 2000 words, can you go up to 2200?

thanks!

Depends on the course, best speaking to your tutor....in our EMA the wordcount was a MAX of 2400, yet the tutors gave us the 10% as well...
Original post by Bleak Lemming
e-mail the OU to get the .pdf's and crack on with a head start :wink:

No good for T450, you need project approval from your tutor before you start....:rolleyes:
Today is a sad day.

I have just realised the Wolfram|Alpha will only let you see 3 step-by-step solutions per day for free.

:'(
Reply 6770
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Today is a sad day.

I have just realised the Wolfram|Alpha will only let you see 3 step-by-step solutions per day for free.

:'(

Have you tried clearing the cache and seeing if that works ? Sure someone will find a way to bypass it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
hi guys :biggrin: im looking into going to university in london next year to study early years? any one got any recommendations for a gd uni in london?
Reply 6772
Original post by student08112
hi guys :biggrin: im looking into going to university in london next year to study early years? any one got any recommendations for a gd uni in london?

You're lost. This is a thread specifically for people studying with the Open University. You need to start a thread elsewhere. We can't help you.

Sent from my GT-S5363

Wrong forum.

This is a local thread for local people, there;s nothing for you here! :cool:
I am not enjoying Y180 making sense of the arts, is AA100 the arts past and present any better? I think I made a mistake signing up to the OU, it is not at all what I was expecting.
Reply 6776
Original post by Samual
I am not enjoying Y180 making sense of the arts, is AA100 the arts past and present any better? I think I made a mistake signing up to the OU, it is not at all what I was expecting.

You can see a bit of AA100 on OpenLearn - basically, the OU let people study anything for free, although you don't get a qualification at the end. And the things you study there are adapted from real OU courses. So that bit will be very similar to what you will study, although you don't know where it is in the course.
Original post by Juno
You can see a bit of AA100 on OpenLearn - basically, the OU let people study anything for free, although you don't get a qualification at the end. And the things you study there are adapted from real OU courses. So that bit will be very similar to what you will study, although you don't know where it is in the course.

Thanks, hmm Doctor Faustus doesn't look too interesting. I saw on the learning space something called 'Gaelic in modern Scotland' - that looked great, but I can't find any OU courses like it. :frown:

I know that I probably should do AA100. I intend to use an OU CertHE in lieu of A levels and my preferred degree programme at UCL asks for humanities subjects... but I do not like literature, I like history but I have no idea how much or how little history there is on the AA100 course.
Reply 6778
Original post by Samual
Thanks, hmm Doctor Faustus doesn't look too interesting. I saw on the learning space something called 'Gaelic in modern Scotland' - that looked great, but I can't find any OU courses like it. :frown:

I know that I probably should do AA100. I intend to use an OU CertHE in lieu of A levels and my preferred degree programme at UCL asks for humanities subjects... but I do not like literature, I like history but I have no idea how much or how little history there is on the AA100 course.

This might help - or stick "AA100" in the search box at the top and there's loads of posts about it.
Original post by Samual

I hated AA100 although I finished the course and passed. I did DD101 the social sciences, which I preferred much more. Depends on your interests.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending