Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
½+½
How cute is that!

Green is the best colour. I could use green nail varnish on my cats.

One of my cats is a bit like an owl...

OMG he has the head of a cat but the body of an owl :eek3:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 141
Juno
OMG he has the head of a cat but the body of an owl :eek3:

A true wonder of nature. When he pads you with those claws it's non-enjoyable. :nooo:
Reply 142
I have to go to work now :sad:
Reply 143
Juno
I have to go to work now :sad:

I am at work... lunchbreak FTW.
Reply 144
½+½
I am at work... lunchbreak FTW.

OMG you get a break?! You're spoilt :sad:

I'll be lucky if I get to eat my salad later without being disturbed
Reply 145
Juno
OMG you get a break?! You're spoilt :sad:

I'll be lucky if I get to eat my salad later without being disturbed

Yeah I normally spend my lunch at my desk. My life is spent on computerz. :pcguru:
First post, how exciting. Hi.
Reply 147
½+½
Yeah I normally spend my lunch at my desk. My life is spent on computerz. :pcguru:

Urgh, Lunch breaks at desks NFTW :-( I always try to get people at work to come with me to the park, which is a 2 minute walk, but they always say it's too far!!! Whatever!
Reply 148
Yamigarasu

Hi :smile: What you studying?
lincs_b
Hi :smile: What you studying?

I'm studying Computing and Psychology, about a 1/3 of the way through. Going well so far, really want to get started on DSE212 had far to long off of the grind, concerned that my brain wont kick into study mode.

How about yourself?
Reply 150
Yamigarasu

Halloh. Nice to e-meet you. :h:

LooCee
Urgh, Lunch breaks at desks NFTW :-( I always try to get people at work to come with me to the park, which is a 2 minute walk, but they always say it's too far!!! Whatever!

Well normally I am doing a bit of OU work. I sometimes go and sit in the park or go and spend money I shouldn't... OU at the desk is normally most productive but I find myself coming on here instead!

I'm so addicted to the internet, it's actually ridiculous.
Reply 151
Physics, I'm half way through but the worst has yet to come lol. Have you checked to see if any parts of your next course are on open learn? I always try to get ahead that way :smile:
Yamigarasu
I'm studying Computing and Psychology, about a 1/3 of the way through. Going well so far, really want to get started on DSE212 had far to long off of the grind, concerned that my brain wont kick into study mode.

How about yourself?

Hi 5 fellow Computing related degree studier.

Yes, it is truly a catchy title.
lincs_b
Physics, I'm half way through but the worst has yet to come lol. Have you checked to see if any parts of your next course are on open learn? I always try to get ahead that way :smile:

To be totally honest I had forgotten about Open Learn despite using it a few times earlier on, just had a little look can't find a lot that is specifically related but I will hunt some more. Physics sounds painfully difficult, especially more so in an Open University environment I suspect.

SunburnedCactus
Hi 5 fellow Computing related degree studier.

Yes, it is truly a catchy title.

Pleasure to meet you also, it seems nice to interact with other people that are within the same age range. When I went to my tutorials it was rather intimidating being surrounded by students aged 40+, not that I have anything against older people.

How do you guys and girls find it? I definitely miss the companionship and trivial debates amongst fellow friends on mass. Makes me question whether I should have actually gone to University after all, but then I remember I have a bank account in surplus which certainly wouldn't have been the case at brick uni.
Reply 154
Yamigarasu

How do you guys and girls find it? I definitely miss the companionship and trivial debates amongst fellow friends on mass. Makes me question whether I should have actually gone to University after all, but then I remember I have a bank account in surplus which certainly wouldn't have been the case at brick uni.

I haven't experienced a brick uni so I can't compare the two. I think I definitely feel more of a sense of achievement when I do well than what I would feel at a brick uni, due to the fact that we don't have as much support as typical uni students do. I know we have tutors and forums but it's not the same as being able to discuss things face to face.

I couldn't afford to be doing this if they didn't have such a generous financial support system so for that I am thankful.
Reply 155
½+½

I don't even get a desk :sad:
Reply 156
Juno
I don't even get a desk :sad:

I inherited it after the family business I work for had a falling out.
I pay a price for it though... I'm usually the only one in the office and the window behind me lets the sun cook me and generally blind me if I have to look at anything white.

I do get to listen to music though... ska has been listened to a lot at work recently!
Reply 157
Yamigarasu

Like ½+½ I've never been to a brick university before so I really don't have anything to compare it with. I do sometimes wonder if I'm missing out by not going to a brick university but at the end of the day I'm happy where I am and with what I'm doing with the OU. It also would have been totally impractical for me to go to a brick university for several reasons so it wasn't simply out of choice.

I also seem to work harder now that I'm back with the OU. Not sure why this is but I want to put more effort into making myself understand something which I didn't really do before.
At brick uni there was a social life. Now there is not. And being the youngest person in tutorials and exam halls is a bit weird. But then I can go and hang out with friends for a lot less than £5.5k a year or however much it would cost me now.
Reply 159
½+½
I inherited it after the family business I work for had a falling out.
I pay a price for it though... I'm usually the only one in the office and the window behind me lets the sun cook me and generally blind me if I have to look at anything white.

I do get to listen to music though... ska has been listened to a lot at work recently!

Our office is far too hot! It's small but doesn't have any windows, and the air con is useless. There is a desk in there, but it's not really one you can sit at, and my job means I don't really need to sit down much. But I get today off :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest