How many pages can you write in an exam? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Special Patrol
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My hand always hurts so much in exams that I cant write that much. It's probably because of all the written revision I do before the exam and from holding my pen when I'm tense. Luckily I should never have anymore exams
Falguni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella83)
Same!!! It's so unfair I can so relate to you Will, and was incredibly disappointed when I was told the same thing by my teachers, well lecturers, too! :mad: So...

Last week, I even went to the doctor and said 'look, I get writers cramp, could I pls have a referral/could you write a note to my lecturers' and she's trying to get them to reconsider my situation so that I'll be allowed to type my exams out instead!

Fingers crossed the forms all get processed Also if it does go through, I'll get extra time too :cool: Can't wait, I find out next Monday, but chances look good :p:
It would be cool if you could type out your exams - it would also help me to reorganise my essays instead of putting in astrixes (dont know how to spell it - bahh!).

My last two exams were 3hrs and essay based - my hand was all cramped up half-way through. I hope it didn't effect my performance...
Nellz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can usually manage 6-8 pages per hour. Depends on the questions and thinking time and everything else. And my handwriting isn't big, but I'll admit it does get messy.
girl_in_keele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I had a 2 hour sociology exam today at uni. It was three essay questions and I wrote 9 sides. I'd think that's probably about average, that?
~nat~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Will - you can have several pages in an exam that's full of vague and sketchy details, or a 2 page essay with concise and clear points...i know which i'd rather have!

I 'struggle' in exams in that i write a lot less than what is 'expected', but have managed to get high grades, more so than if i write longer essays. So don't worry
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Will)
Hmm, extra time for writer's cramp?

This gives me an idea! I've always thought I was pressed for time in exams - maybe I could somehow get extra time. I know you can get 15-30 mins extra if you have dyslexia or dyspraxia, and I may be able to get myself diagnosed with the latter.

Yeah do, or at least inquire about it, could be your saving grace if you're like me and dispise writing pages and pages of essays To be fair tho, in my situation it's pretty bad, we're expected to write at least 3 long essays, pages each, 3rd yr uni level, in a v.limited amount of time :eek: scary

I'm practising now! But hopefully I'll be allowed to type mine out, I find out tomorrow :p:
KingAS
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
quality Vs quantity...
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KingAS)
quality Vs quantity...
I know, but when you're at my uni, quantity unfortunately matters a lot too! Esp when I wrote a lot of good things in my last mid-sem, but the only criticism I got for the whole exam was that I didn't write enough :eek: But that is true tho, I only wrote like a page each essay, really summarised everything lol. Next exams this won't happen, esp when I get to sit behind a computer and complete them, with extra time, yay
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Special Patrol)
My hand always hurts so much in exams that I cant write that much. It's probably because of all the written revision I do before the exam and from holding my pen when I'm tense. Luckily I should never have anymore exams
Lucky you You're doing honours right? Is it fun? My friends who are doing honours in psych seem to be living it up :rolleyes: didn't even get to see them this weekend b/c of their 'bonding' trip to the coast :p:
eurasianfeline
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KingAS)
quality Vs quantity...
usually when i run out of time...i write in point-form

they get me marks with the minimal quantity. :p:
sumitk87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Business studies GCSE 10 sides :eek:
PurpleMonster
Report 13 years ago
In an hour and 15 minutes i can write 12 pages which i did for quite a few of my exams last year...yet in others which i thought i had no idea what i was going on about i wrote about 3 or 4 pages...didnt seem to make a difference with my grades tho still got A/Bs It doesnt really matter how much you write...as long as you can put all relevent information in your answer i suppose.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads