The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My hand always hurts so much in exams that I cant write that much. It's probably because of all the written revision I do before the exam and from holding my pen when I'm tense. Luckily I should never have anymore exams :smile:
Reply 41
danni_bella83
Same!!! It's so unfair :frown: I can so relate to you Will, and was incredibly disappointed when I was told the same thing by my teachers, well lecturers, too! :mad: So...

Last week, I even went to the doctor and said 'look, I get writers cramp, could I pls have a referral/could you write a note to my lecturers' and she's trying to get them to reconsider my situation so that I'll be allowed to type my exams out instead! :smile:

Fingers crossed the forms all get processed :biggrin: Also if it does go through, I'll get extra time too :cool: Can't wait, I find out next Monday, but chances look good :p:

It would be cool if you could type out your exams - it would also help me to reorganise my essays instead of putting in astrixes (dont know how to spell it - bahh!).

My last two exams were 3hrs and essay based - my hand was all cramped up half-way through. I hope it didn't effect my performance...
Reply 42
I can usually manage 6-8 pages per hour. Depends on the questions and thinking time and everything else. And my handwriting isn't big, but I'll admit it does get messy.
I had a 2 hour sociology exam today at uni. It was three essay questions and I wrote 9 sides. I'd think that's probably about average, that?
Reply 44
Will - you can have several pages in an exam that's full of vague and sketchy details, or a 2 page essay with concise and clear points...i know which i'd rather have!

I 'struggle' in exams in that i write a lot less than what is 'expected', but have managed to get high grades, more so than if i write longer essays. So don't worry :smile:
Will
Hmm, extra time for writer's cramp?

This gives me an idea! I've always thought I was pressed for time in exams - maybe I could somehow get extra time. I know you can get 15-30 mins extra if you have dyslexia or dyspraxia, and I may be able to get myself diagnosed with the latter.

:biggrin:
Yeah do, or at least inquire about it, could be your saving grace if you're like me and dispise writing pages and pages of essays :redface: To be fair tho, in my situation it's pretty bad, we're expected to write at least 3 long essays, pages each, 3rd yr uni level, in a v.limited amount of time :eek: scary :frown:

I'm practising now! But hopefully I'll be allowed to type mine out, I find out tomorrow :smile: :p:
Reply 46
quality Vs quantity...
KingAS
quality Vs quantity...
I know, but when you're at my uni, quantity unfortunately matters a lot too! Esp when I wrote a lot of good things in my last mid-sem, but the only criticism I got for the whole exam was that I didn't write enough :eek: But that is true tho, I only wrote like a page each essay, really summarised everything lol. Next exams this won't happen, esp when I get to sit behind a computer and complete them, with extra time, yay :smile:
Special Patrol
My hand always hurts so much in exams that I cant write that much. It's probably because of all the written revision I do before the exam and from holding my pen when I'm tense. Luckily I should never have anymore exams :smile:
Lucky you :smile: You're doing honours right? Is it fun? My friends who are doing honours in psych seem to be living it up :rolleyes: didn't even get to see them this weekend b/c of their 'bonding' trip to the coast :p:
KingAS
quality Vs quantity...

usually when i run out of time...i write in point-form

they get me marks with the minimal quantity. :p:
Reply 50
Business studies GCSE 10 sides :eek:
In an hour and 15 minutes i can write 12 pages which i did for quite a few of my exams last year...yet in others which i thought i had no idea what i was going on about i wrote about 3 or 4 pages...didnt seem to make a difference with my grades tho still got A/Bs It doesnt really matter how much you write...as long as you can put all relevent information in your answer i suppose.

Latest

Trending

Trending