Can i do this? Watch

This discussion is closed.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Can i record my teacher's lessons and let other people access them on the internet? (without their consent)?? :p:
JonnyB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
Can i record my teacher's lessons and let other people access them on the internet? (without their consent)?? :p:
Theoritcally no - without asking.

But if you think it can do good for others then I'm sure a teacher would be flattered?
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You're not meant to post anything like that on the internet without consent. I reality I don't know if you would get caught or not and if you did if the teacher would do anything. If there is a good reason your doing it they probably wont mind if you ask them, but if you ask them and they say no you really shouldnt go ahead and do it then.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Wouldn't do it for a start. I mean, imagine asking your teacher could you film their lessons and put it on the net simply for others? Get a grip, as if you're not looking to charge access to the files - if you weren't, we wouldn't you just ask them?
Planxty
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Legally you can, IF his classes arent copyrighted.

I've had teachers who's notes etc are copyrighted.

U try to share his lessons if they copyright and you could get done for infringement and the penalties for that are surprisingly nasty.

But more than likely he hasnt done so, and in that case, you can! But it might piss him off a bit..
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
Erm... why?
kirbz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
A while back, here at uni, someone put some lecturers material up on the web, and he got into BIIIIGGGG trouble for it! Wouldn't advise it!
awesome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its a bad idea dont
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im sure its Voyeurism! But, with the teachers consent, and maybe only audio, it should be ok. Without consent and knowledge though, its either Voyeurism or invasion of privacy!
Aitch
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's a bad idea, for all the reasons listed above, and a more practical one; people will not appreciate a poor quality recording with the teacher turning his/her back, ums, ers, pauses, mumbles, bells, coughs, sniffs, sounds of chairs and paper and so on.

Students, especially at this time of year, want well-organised condensed notes in a form they can refer to and navigate through. Preferably print-friendly, so they can be run off and highlighted and annotated.

Aitch
laFleur
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by saiyamana)
sorry buut no. sad but tru
PennyRoyalTea
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i wouldnt advise it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (146)
45.91%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise