Sex: just a bit of fun or do you enjoy the love and closeness? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JonnyB)
He's not as sentimental as you, so what?

Oh, I guess it depends which anniversary it is. how many months?
A year
hippieglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
I am a firm believer that you can't expect people to change if they don't know that you don't like what they are doing in the first place. For example, if your boyfriend is doing something to upset you, and you don't tell them...then how are they supposed to know? It's all very well saying that they should know and you shoudn't have to tell them, but I really don't think that you have the right to complain if you haven't even spoken to them about it. Obviously this doesn't mean that you should tell them to change the way they are and they should just do it, but relationships are all about comprimise...

So, if you boyfriend forgets your anniversary (which is a very guy thing to do I would suggest!!) then instead of presuming that he doesn't care anymore etc, why not have a talk with him and explain to him that it upsets you when he doesn't remember things that are important to you, and that you would like him to make more of an effort or whatever it is that's bothering you...

Just a few points I wanted to make, not sure if they actually made any sense but still..

Hope you get it all sorted!!

Ruthie xx
I understand your point about telling him and i have. But he doesn't take any notice and just laughs it off. I ask him if he has other things on his mind that might have been more important but he says no. Compromise is a bit of a big word for him, its often either do it his way or not at all.
Lucas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i think people nowadays have sex alot earlier in a relationship than maybe they should do..but at the end of the day we're all adults so it's our own choice i suppose..

just the way society is now, sex is not seen as nething special with a partner, it's just viewed as 'part and parcel' of a relationship
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lucas)
just the way society is now, sex is not seen as nething special with a partner, it's just viewed as 'part and parcel' of a relationship
By society however can be misleading. I'm sure there are many people (including me) who think that it is special.
hippieglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Inverurie Jones)
You celebrated an anniversary before the first year? It's not a real one; no wonder he didn't remember. You two obviously aren't right for each other, so just end it.
No we didn't this was supposed to be a year that forgot.
adwhit85
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't believe that you have to be in love to have sex in the conventional sense. Indeed some people think that it is special, but old traditions have slowly been fading away and now, when in a relationship, you can still like each other and have sex rather than be in love. Correct me if I'm wrong but my interpretation of love is someone who you have formed a strong emotional attachment with and would prize above others. Unless love encompasses just liking each other then my opinion is you don't need to be in love to have sex.
hippieglitter
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by adwhit85)
I don't believe that you have to be in love to have sex in the conventional sense. Indeed some people think that it is special, but old traditions have slowly been fading away and now, when in a relationship, you can still like each other and have sex rather than be in love. Correct me if I'm wrong but my interpretation of love is someone who you have formed a strong emotional attachment with and would prize above others. Unless love encompasses just liking each other then my opinion is you don't need to be in love to have sex.
Totally agree, but what are your views on when it is ok to call it making love or sex and is there an actual difference between the two?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (812)
80.48%
Leave (197)
19.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed