Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    driving test tomorrow do i need my certificate iv lost it

ReputationRep:
    if I remember correctly, it helps to have it with you, but if you don't I think they can look it up on the computer system. Not entirely sure though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You're supposed to take it with you

ReputationRep:
    i had to take mine with me. i hope it doesn't cause a problem for you. good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    if I remember correctly, it helps to have it with you, but if you don't I think they can look it up on the computer system. Not entirely sure though.
    er do you know anyone this happened to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You're supposed to take it with you
    i know thats why im asking because iv LOST IT

ReputationRep:
    You HAVE to have it woth you they won't let you take the test without it! Sorry to tell you this, but without the certificate you cant sit the test, so you need to take another theory test. sorry!

ReputationRep:
    when did you last have it? have you checked you've not put it away in a draw somewhere? would anyone else at home know where you might put it?

ReputationRep:
    Can't think of anyone it happened to, I just vaguely recall my instructor telling me. However, I'm fairly sure I'm right because I thought I'd lost mine as well.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are supposed to have it. However, it is impossible to book a practical without having passed your theory, so do not worry!

The examiners are part of the DVLA - and they hold your records and are a stone throw away!

Don't worry honestly- concentrate on your actual test.

ReputationRep:
    If you do not have the theory test certificate with you then the test instructor can refuse to let you take the test and you will not get a refund.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    You HAVE to have it woth you they won't let you take the test without it! Sorry to tell you this, but without the certificate you cant sit the test, so you need to take another theory test. sorry!
    ok how do youknow this ARGH conflicting views!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think you may be allowed to take the test if you know your theory test certificate number. They need to write that on a form... any chance you know the number printed on the certificate?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.2pass.co.uk/faqtheory.htm#twentyeight

what time is your test? you could try phoning up in the morning and find out what your test certificate number is.

ReputationRep:
    You're supposed to have it, but I had my test today and they didnt even ask for it, so I don't think its that neccessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    ok how do youknow this ARGH conflicting views!
    Trust me, you can't take it unless they see all the paperwork they specify in front of them before you start the test. If you don't have it with you you won't even get as far as the car, they're legally obliged not to let you sit the test. Are you SURE you can't find it anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    my instructer wrote it down somewhere i think

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you can't take it unless they see all the paperwork they specify in front of them before you start the test. If you don't have it with you you won't even get as far as the car, they're legally obliged not to let you sit the test. Are you SURE you can't find it anywhere?
    im actually in tears here il keep looking but i dont know where it iss it shoulkd be in my room and its not no one would have moved it

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, you can't take it unless they see all the paperwork they specify in front of them before you start the test.
    Well I managed it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. All they wanted to see was my license

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Well I managed it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. All they wanted to see was my license
    ok officeopens at 8 i can phone them in the morning

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.