Edexcel biology practicals in exams Watch

This discussion is closed.
theoneandonly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hi

im taking units 1,2,3 in june, doesnt anyone have any websites/handouts from your colleges that show what we need to know for each practical.

ive read on the syllabus which ones we should have done but have forgotten most of them

thanks
sahsum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what text book do u use?if ita a think blue one with some yellow pages, all the practicals are on the yellow pages. Il find my book later and post the name of it on here, you might be able to get it in a library or something.
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not wishing to advertise but there are a series of purple module books by Nelson Advanced Science for the Edexcel syllabus that are brilliant!!

If you have a chance to look them up then module 1 ISBN is 0-17-448293-0 (Molecules and Cells) and Module 2 and 3, which come as one book (Exchange and Transport, Energy and Ecosystems) is ISBN 0-17-448294-9. They include specific pages with the named practicals
THE UNDERDOG
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Those books are great. Look at the past papers of your biology exams and see what practicals have come up in the past year as it is probable they will not show up this June. Then get the Nelson books and revise the other practicles, 99% of the time this works...you prepared to take that chance?
sahsum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh thats the books i mean!!!blue/purple same thing!!
sahsum
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
good plan underdog!!!i think i might take that chance!!
StyleLover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As for me, honestly, wouldn refer the Nelson book for Unit 2 but rather the Collins Student Support Materials for Edexcel, AS Biology Unit 2 n 3 aswell, its a very gooood book!! Better than the Nelson one, trust me. Got all the right points in one place n its thin so you could easily read it, you dn have to get bored by it (n trust me, you wont be).I just have the unit 2 book with me but i m gona get the unit 3 book tomorrow..
theoneandonly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i use those collins one, but they dont have anything on the practicals. ive got a few weeks before the exams so probs get those nelson ones
StyleLover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ahan for the practicals you could get the Practical Advanced Biology book from nelson, has alot of those practicals n i used it for my alternative to practical paper, it's good aswell...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads