the way i see it us indians are just in a long list of stereotypable peoples, let's start a list, i'll go:
This what it all is, if your wondering.
*There is a sale on any item, you buy 100 of them.
* You make tea in a saucepan.
* You never buy bin bags, but use your saved grocery bags for it.
* You have a 'Singer Brother' sewing machine at home.
* Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and doesn't talk to her for ten years.
* You call an older person you've never met before "uncle".
* You hide everything from your parents.
* Your mother does everything for you if you are male.
* You do most the housework and cooking if you are female.
* Your relatives alone could populate a small city.
* Everyone is a family friend.
* You went to a university as far away from home as possible.
* You still came back home to live with your parents after you had finished.
* Your best friend got married at the age of 18.
* You only make telephone calls after 6pm.
* You eat onions with everything.
* You use chilli sauce instead of tomato ketchup.
* You say you hate Indian films(/songs) but secretly watch(/hear) them with your parents.
* You teach Westerners swearwords in your language.
* You avoid public places when with a member of the old age crew.
* You always say "open the light" instead of "turn the light on".
* You secure your baggage with a rope.
* You're walking out of customs with your trolley at the airport and you see all fifteen members of your family who have come to pick you up.
* You get very upset when airlines refuse to accept your luggage which is just 80 lbs. overweight.
* You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you story of how he had to walk miles barefoot just to get to school.
* (For females) You're parents would freak out if you wore a crop top baring your midriff but wearing a sari is perfectly acceptable.
* (For females) Your brother had no curfew while you had to be home at 11pm.
* You are ALWAYS taking off and putting on your shoes wherever you go.
* When you were little you always wondered why your English friends waited until after breakfast to brush their teeth when you did it first thing in the morning.
* To your English friends, oil is used purely for cooking and not as a grooming aid.
* When your English friends cringe at the thought of their parents in bed, you wonder how odd it would be to see your parents get within one foot of each other.
* Your parents have nicknames but only because people they work with just stop when trying to read their names.
* You have annoying nicknames like Chotu or Chicku.
* Your parents call all your friends "Beta" whether they are Asian or not.
* Your parents drink 6 cups of tea a day.
* Your friends could not explain your religion to someone even if they tried their hardest.
* Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try and demonstrate how well it works whenever they're not fighting.
* Your parents compare you to all of their friends kids or your older brothers and sisters.
* No one ever seems to call ahead of time to say they are coming over for a visit.
* Your parents worry what other people will think if you're not going to be a doctor/ lawyer/dentist etc.
* You're parent's always say, "It's cheaper in wilkinsons"
* At the end of a meal, you're parents and friends etc take to picking their teeth (with toothpicks) in the most unsavoury manner
home than guys.it's not the case with me I just sort out my things as early as possible although I am a GUY.
so plz stop that!!!!
*by term I mean coconut