The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MA Comparative Business Economics - i'm in doubt

Hello guys!

Is there anyone studying at the SSESS (School of Slavonic and East. Europ. Studies)?

I've got an offer for MA Comparative Biz Economics and i also have an offer for MSc Int'l Biz Economics at City.

UCL: I'm attracted by Uni status and its rankings but i have no idea about quality of teaching of Economics at SSESS (will it be similiar to Dep of Economics) and i'm also worried that this MA course is too specialized on Post Soviet Countries.

City: I like the course, as it's quiet general.

I'm planning to work in international business, which is not necessarely related to CIS and EE countries....i've just wanted to get general knowledge in economics which prepares me for work in variety of organisations...but the prestige of Uni is also important to me...

Anuone studying there? Lets share the opinions and views!:smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I have just received the offer for 2011. And I have the same doubt - Like UCL but not too keen on the EE. I have looked at the courses and by chooing the "right ones" I will only have a limited teaching on EE.

Did you take up the course, how did you find it? Too much EE?

Best regards,

Jakob, Denmark
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi, yes, i took the course and already gtaduated.

The course is based on the ecomics of the EE countries. YOu will get compulsory Quantative and Addvanced Quantative methods courses which will give you the overall overview on the quantative and the rest of the courses are of the your choises and they are quiet theoretial and based on the study of the economics of the region. YOu will get a broad insight in the hostory of economic development of the region since the collapse of the Soviet era. if you want to study general economidcs then this course is not for you.

i found this course is ok, giving that you will get degree from UCL, noone cares that it is from some SSEES department which is very specialized in general economics.

In the overall, i would def advise to go for it.

Good luck
Hey

How do you find career opportunities? Are you planning or already working in the City or are you going to your home country? What kind of career you are looking for after this degree?

Thanks
Hi, are the courses really difficult? I'm an econ major, but really NOT a math guy. I'm not good at math and computer science. Would that be fundamental course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending