The Student Room Group

Receiving death threats. What should I do?

I have recently fallen out with a friend of mine and he has now started sending me threatening messages on Facebook and phoning me up with death threats.

I am genuinely concerned because he seems very angry and he has been acting quite strange lately.

Should I tell the police or just ignore it?
Reply 1
Maybe you should call him up and try to speak to him openly and honestly about the situation but I suppose he more than likely won't be in the listening mood.

If you feel really uneasy, then you should defo call the police. Better safe than sorry. If he tends to be a short-tempered person who gets into fights, then maybe you should be concerned but if not then he's probably only doing this as a way to vent his anger. The important thing is for you to stay calm and refrain from reacting to his anger. A possible explanation for this behaviour could be mental health issues. Is that possible? If it is, then maybe you should tell someone close to him, like another friend or someone in his family about the situation. Maybe you would be best to do this anyway.

Hope this has helped :smile:
It depends, if you think you could, and want to patch things up it'd be better not to call the police. But from the sounds of this "friend" I'd definitely ring them (the police)
Reply 3
Kill yourself before they can. That way, you get the last laugh.
Reply 4
well it's agaisnt the law... so good revenge

just rememer: you were scared of the IMMEDIATE infliction of unlawful force
Reply 5
I would go to the police. Just the whole murder in Nottingham with the German guy coming over and stabbing this guy really freaked me out.

The fact that there have been repeated threats as well from your friend...I think you have a right to report it. He might think twice about doing it again.
Tell the police, it will get him shaken up.

LOL at people who have a fall out with their mates and then start claiming their going to commit murder and do a life sentence over it.
Call the Sun newspaper or the Daily Mirror.
Reply 8
You should report this to your local police station, I've had to do it before when someone got a little too obsessed with me... :frown:
Reply 9
Madjackismad
Call the Sun newspaper or the Daily Mirror.

Don't you mean 'Take a Break' or another of those crappy women's magazines?

Seriously, get the police on it.
Reply 10
If you've made it clear that you want him to stop calling you and he's repeatedly doing so you have good grounds for harassment.

I don't know whether you wish to go into the details further but depending on the severity of what he's said, contact the police. All allegations of threats to kill are taken very seriously, if you have an address for him he'll very likely be visited later in the day...
Reply 11
Kill two birds with one stone,

Kill him first, that way you won't receive anymore death threats from him and he wont be able to kill you!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending