This discussion is closed.
Alex H
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi

Im trying to have an If formula for multiple things in it for my as level ICT coursework and having trouble

This is what I've got and its not working!

Expr1: IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]<7,"0.00"+IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]>6<15,"0.30"))

The first bit is fine with all number less than 7 returning the value 0.00

The problem is with the second bit as its meant to be more than 6 and less than 15 to returrn 0.30

This is where it goes horribly wrong because when I run the query it finishes with 0.000.30 on the parts that were originally 0.00

Do I have to do separate queries each time?

Thanks for your help in advance

Alex
VLadwa
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Its All Wrong!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Alex H)
Expr1: IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]<7,"0.00"+IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]>6<15,"0.30"))

The first bit is fine with all number less than 7 returning the value 0.00

The problem is with the second bit as its meant to be more than 6 and less than 15 to returrn 0.30

This is where it goes horribly wrong because when I run the query it finishes with 0.000.30 on the parts that were originally 0.00
Try rephrasing it in the format
if(expr, 0.00, if((expr and expr),0.30,ERROR))

ie
IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]<7,"0.00",((IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]>6 and IIf([No Fine Practice]![Days Overdue]<15),"0.30","ERROR"))
Camford
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
to the best of my knowledge iif uses three parameters. Something in the query? if not, use VBA. A lot clearer than expressions.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (207)
47.05%
Take exams next summer (63)
14.32%
Change uni choice through clearing (99)
22.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (45)
10.23%
I'm not applying to university (26)
5.91%

Watched Threads