Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyall

I'm looking for past papers (and mark schemes if possible) of 'Unit 6 W2' alternative to practical Biology paper under the Edexcel board. If any one has them or knows where i can get them from please inform me

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said that she has a feeling the planning might be on reaction time or redox indicators(TTC), im not completely sure though, but reading thru those experiments is always good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akunem86)
    my teacher said that she has a feeling the planning might be on reaction time or redox indicators(TTC), im not completely sure though, but reading thru those experiments is always good.
    it wouldnt be...those came up a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    you never know, it could turn up.

I hate this W2 paper, it sucks!

ReputationRep:
    which practicals do we have to know cuz theres loads in the text books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janmasta j)
    which practicals do we have to know cuz theres loads in the text books
    Don't know if you will need these for W2 all but these are the ones you need to know for the A-Level as a whole.

-Sugars (Quantitative estimation and benedict's solution)
    - Enzymes (temperature, pH, concentration, immobilised)
    - Cells (Use a light microsocope, root tip squash)
    - Gas Exchange (Insect in boiling tube, respirometer, vital capacity)
    - Transport (Water potentials, solute potential, epidermal peel to see stomata)
    - Random -Meiosis in pollen cells, estimation of pyramids of numbers of biomass, lincoln index

ReputationRep:
    Any 1 has the specimen paper edexcel for unit 6w2. i looked on www.edexcel.org.uk

didnt find it

help, it's tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    From Unit 4 - redox indicators for testing Hydrogen production in respiration, reaction time tests. No option block stuff will be included.

From Unit 5 - rate of photosynthesis, effects of mineral dificiency on plant / root growth, control of growth in plants (e.g. auxins), breeding (i have no idea!), ecology - could be determining pH, water content of soil etc. or population stuff (lincoln index).

Chromotography is also possible, but unlikely.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2005

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.