OCR Business Studies - A2 Watch

This discussion is closed.
embob_xx
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Did anyone do the OCR Business Studies - Further People in Organisations exam in January (05)?? Or does anyone have a copy of the paper? If so could you tell me what came up in it? Nobody in my school did it so we do not have a copy of the paper to look at for revision and it would be really useful. Thanks

Oh and also, what do you think of the strategy case study? Any guesses as to what may come up in the exam?
sroberts60
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey i did the further people in organisations in January, I got a C in it so not really an expert. IN the jan exam i fink it was mainly motivation that cropped up and the way in which you could motivate the people.

Yeah im doing the strategy paper aswell it looks solid so im going to need to revise hard for that!! how are you actually revising for it?? have you got the APT initiatives??
embob_xx
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
It's a horrible case study! I haven't done much revision on it yet =S! We did quite a bit in class though, just looked through some questions which could come up and discussed how to answer them. I have the APT booklet, I think i'll just read through it and try and take it in. I think it's quite difficult to revise for the strategy paper 'cause it's not on business strategy as a whole, it's on EEL's business strategy and evaluating the effectiveness of it. A lot of it is your own opinion and evaluation I think, you have to relate it to the case study and you just have to try and show that you know what you're talking about with the business theory etc...mmmm...easier said than done!! Good Luck!
emilywilli
Report 13 years ago
what do people think of the reduction in pension money that EEL has just done? do you think thats why their gross profit margins went up? its been reduced by alot about 72% if i did it right...what do you think?
yetti
Report 13 years ago
does anybody have a clue what type of questions that will crop up?? what forecasting methods would most likely be used?

cheers
yetti
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by embob_xx)
It's a horrible case study! I haven't done much revision on it yet =S! We did quite a bit in class though, just looked through some questions which could come up and discussed how to answer them. I have the APT booklet, I think i'll just read through it and try and take it in. I think it's quite difficult to revise for the strategy paper 'cause it's not on business strategy as a whole, it's on EEL's business strategy and evaluating the effectiveness of it. A lot of it is your own opinion and evaluation I think, you have to relate it to the case study and you just have to try and show that you know what you're talking about with the business theory etc...mmmm...easier said than done!! Good Luck!
please help me as i am really stuck what would you suggest as a good strategic plan for the business. do u feel the motorcylce market will benefit the business either through the military or commuter route? and do u have any idea to what union density means?

many thanks
emilywilli
Report 13 years ago
ok....when your thinking of a strategic plan remember that they are making losses, so don't tell them to do anything with high risk or big investment at the moment. they need to concentrate on becoming profitable and improving labour relations...as the labour is key to ensuring that they dont have to pay peanlty clauses on customer contracts.... and obviously if they are losing money they won't survive very long as they profit and loss account is becoming more depeleted...

next motorcycle market may work but for it to be a economic investment i.e. not ridicouly expensive they need to serve both markets.. think of advantages and disasvantages of each sceaniro and remember to look at it as a whole..

union density is the percentage of workers who are a member of a trade union. this may be imprtant if they ask a question on the labour relations at eel..or something like what influence does a union have?

hope that helps, em x
yetti
Report 13 years ago
thanks v much

do u feel that forecasting techniques will come up and we will have to complete a decision tree? and also performance ratios because they are hard!

cheers

by the way what is an apt booklet?
emilywilli
Report 13 years ago
hmmm..... don't think we will have to actually do a decision tree but we might have to talk about them... same with forecasting techinques.. i might use perofmance ratios to justify what i am saying..they probably wont ask specifically for them but if you use them is shows anylsis which is level 3...i think....... apt booklet is set of notes on the case study which some schools give out to help.... em x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?