Turn on thread page Beta

scary stalker-ish guy...help please! watch

Hey guys, posting as anon as I have a feeling the persom I'm mentioning lurks around this site.

First thing first - I treat him like a friend(not a close noe, just a normal friend) and really don't fancy him at all.
    I don't know him that well(we go to different schools and occassionally see each other). Then coincidently we went to a similar talk about HE, then he asked for my number and etc. I thought he was nice but then suspected he likes me.... a bit too OTT.
    He then addedme on facebook msn,, keeps sending me texts, starting to pop up more frequently around areas I'm about and etc.

I'm friendly and I reply to his texts(as I think it's rude not to), talk to him on msn if he starts a convo, exchange greetings(like how are you) if I see him and etc. Accepted to go for a coffee or two a few times - just being nice and don't want to sound rude.

first I thought it was a silly crush and hoped it'll go away...

Then I'm starting to get scared.... He always tries to get me to go with him for coffee or whatever.
    I started to get scared and I keep being offline on msn and just talk to my frienends, stop replying to his text in the hope of him stopping and hoping that it'll be a message to him that I'm not interested in him in that way..
    He still carries on, sometimes I feel like Im being stalked by him.
    The weird thing is, he don't ask me out straight away or whatever and I can't just tell him "hey, i think you're interested in me, please stop as I don't liek you in that way.", can't I?

but he dion't get it(or do but ignore it) and still keeps trying to get hold of me. This is going on for quite a while now(nearly a year). I don't understand why he won't just give up and keeps going on like this, how long will this last?!

How should I just tell him that I'm not interested? I really don't want this to go on for any longer!it's really scary!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2009
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.