Turn on thread page Beta

I dont want to be 'soft' anymore, combat time. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey

So this is my fitness blog, I will be upadating it everyday with what i have eaten, what workout I have done.

And then at the end of each week, I will post some numbers, and a picture at the end of the month, I am in this for the long run :P

So heres my fitness (I started HIIT today on my rowing machine - man that was horrible, I mean i know people said it was going to be hard, but it hurt bad)

I am going to buy a speed rope and some dumbbells tommorow (although I am still a little confused as to what weights to buy- and I dont have that much money)

Anyway so with the money issues I can only get to the gym once a week which is why I am trying to do quite a bit on the other days.

Ok so here it is (my plan / timetable whatever you want to call it)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Monday

ROPE - Skip rope for three minutes.
    Take a minute off, and do as many crunches as you can.
    Skip rope for another three minutes.
    (copy this process - for 30 mins)

Dumbbell arm work out - I need some help with this (what sets/ reps should I be doing and what weights)

Tuesday

HIIT - I do HIIT on my rowing machine, for 1 minute sprint: 3 minute rest period.

I need some other work out here - that will specify on my stomach area, any ideas?

Wednesday

ROPE
    Dumbbell arm work out

Thursday

GYM - cardio warm up/ warm down.
    Focus on legs and glutes

Friday
    HIIT
    Abs work out

Saturday
    ROPE

Sunday
    HIIT
    Dumbbell arms work out

Ok so as food goes, I wouldnt say I have the worst diet, it just needs a bit of structure.

Today my plan for food is.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Scrambled egg (3 eggs) - had that at 11am. + litre of water
    Shape yoguht - had that at 1pm.
    Lunch I plan to have a ham and salad sandwhich on wholemeal seeded bread. - Probably with apple juice - 2pm
    I then plan to have an orange/ apple to keep me going and a glass of milk - 4pm
    Tea- My mum said she is making salmon with a jacket potato and salad. - 6.30pm
    Then later on I will probably have something to make sure I dont get hungry in the night - probably a banana.

**** Me now ****
    Ok I am 5'9/ 5'10 - and around 150 pounds which puts my bmi at 22.1 although I dont want to look at BMI too much, as I am under 18.
    I am a size 12 (with the ocassional 10)

***What I want****
    I am not looking at weight too much, more what I am happy with looking at my body, I want to be more defined and less 'blubby'. I would say if I was losing weight (although I dont want to lose a lot of muscle) I would say I would like to be around 125 pounds, but I realise I cant do that all at once.
    I would like my size to be a small size 10.

So guys what you think, throw your advice in here

Stacey.

ReputationRep:
    exercise is important but watching what you eat more so!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know a lot about diet but my advice for the exercise would be to make sure you take recordings each session you do. That way you'll push yourself to improve every time and beat the last session, even if its just on the HIIT rowing. When doing HIIT, motivation is VERY important for keeping it up! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    For the dumbbells I'd recommend shoulder press (or the overhead standing press for pedants), tricep kickbacks and bicep curls. How heavy are the dumbbells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    Hey

So this is my fitness blog, I will be upadating it everyday with what i have eaten, what workout I have done.

And then at the end of each week, I will post some numbers, and a picture at the end of the month, I am in this for the long run :P

So heres my fitness (I started HIIT today on my rowing machine - man that was horrible, I mean i know people said it was going to be hard, but it hurt bad)

I am going to buy a speed rope and some dumbbells tommorow (although I am still a little confused as to what weights to buy- and I dont have that much money)

Anyway so with the money issues I can only get to the gym once a week which is why I am trying to do quite a bit on the other days.

Ok so here it is (my plan / timetable whatever you want to call it)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Monday

ROPE - Skip rope for three minutes.
    Take a minute off, and do as many crunches as you can.
    Skip rope for another three minutes.
    (copy this process - for 30 mins)

Dumbbell arm work out - I need some help with this (what sets/ reps should I be doing and what weights)

Tuesday

HIIT - I do HIIT on my rowing machine, for 1 minute sprint: 2 minute rest period. I lasted 12 mins today, hopefully I can do a bit more soon

I need some other work out here - that will specify on my stomach area, any ideas?

Wednesday

ROPE
    Dumbbell arm work out

Thursday

GYM - cardio warm up/ warm down.
    Focus on legs and glutes

Friday
    HIIT
    Abs work out

Saturday
    ROPE

Sunday
    HIIT
    Dumbbell arms work out

Ok so as food goes, I wouldnt say I have the worst diet, it just needs a bit of structure.

Today my plan for food is.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Scrambled egg (3 eggs) - had that at 11am. + litre of water
    Shape yoguht - had that at 1pm.
    Lunch I plan to have a ham and salad sandwhich on wholemeal seeded bread. - Probably with apple juice - 2pm
    I then plan to have an orange/ apple to keep me going and a glass of milk - 4pm
    Tea- My mum said she is making salmon with a jacket potato and salad. - 6.30pm
    Then later on I will probably have something to make sure I dont get hungry in the night - probably a banana.

**** Me now ****
    Ok I am 5'9/ 5'10 - and around 150 pounds which puts my bmi at 22.1 although I dont want to look at BMI too much, as I am under 18.
    I am a size 12 (with the ocassional 10)

***What I want****
    I am not looking at weight too much, more what I am happy with looking at my body, I want to be more defined and less 'blubby'. I would say if I was losing weight (although I dont want to lose a lot of muscle) I would say I would like to be around 125 pounds, but I realise I cant do that all at once.
    I would like my size to be a small size 10.

So guys what you think, throw your advice in here

Stacey.
    You're doing your HIIT wrong. I said one minute hard, three minutes light with the hard at triple the pace of the light. You should be doing it at an intensity that you can complete thirty minutes of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    For the dumbbells I'd recommend shoulder press (or the overhead standing press for pedants), tricep kickbacks and bicep curls. How heavy are the dumbbells?

I havent bought any yet :P I am going tommorow, but I am pretty strapped for cash.

I can probably only afford like 3 sets of pairs, so what weights do you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    You're doing your HIIT wrong. I said one minute hard, three minutes light with the hard at triple the pace of the light. You should be doing it at an intensity that you can complete thirty minutes of.

Okidoke I will do that like that next time, should I be changing the hardness pull on the rower or just the speed?

ReputationRep:
    Okidoke I will do that like that next time, should I be changing the hardness pull on the rower or just the speed?
    The wattage/rows per minute. Both contribute.

ReputationRep:
    I havent bought any yet :P I am going tommorow, but I am pretty strapped for cash.

I can probably only afford like 3 sets of pairs, so what weights do you recommend?
    Argos sell 15kg York dumbbell sets (2 x 7.5kg), for £28. I wouldn't ever recommend set dumbbells because you'll eventually find them too easy to lift and keep on adding reps which is a bit pointless.

ReputationRep:
    What type of rowing machine are you using?

ReputationRep:
    You're the same height as me, but I weigh 10lbs more :awesome: good luck. :yes:

All I will say is make sure you get enough sleep as if you are tired it makes a workout much harder! I am trying to lose weight too and am going spinning 3x a week and weight training 2x a week at the moment and also doing a workout dvd at home. If I am tired it makes everything seem much worse :p:

ReputationRep:

Don't buy a set of multiple pairs of non-adjustable dumbbells. They just unnecessarily limit the flexibility of the weights you can use. Get a 20kg adjustable set and you can pick appropriate weights for each exercise and add weight in sensible increments as you get stronger.

You've got "arm workout" written down for dumbbells and nothing else, whereas you should be doing resistance training for your whole body. I don't see any reason why someone in your position would need to split it up over a number of days, so just go for a full body workout with exercises like squats, lunges, shoulder press, rows and bench press.

ReputationRep:
    I admire your determination! Hope you will keep it going. You should look into Circuit Training, good way to keep fit!

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.