Turn on thread page Beta

Is the Jeremy Kyle Show a reflection of British Society? watch

ReputationRep:
    Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No. I hate Jeremy Kyle. I am British. Hence it does not reflect British Society

ReputationRep:
    why should we "discuss" if you cant be bothered to voice your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, our morals have sunk soooo low.

ReputationRep:
    Gawd I hope not otherwise there is no hope for any of us!

ReputationRep:
    It's a true reflection of the chav society.

ReputationRep:
    I like JK, because when I'm feeling a bit **** about my life, it always shows me that people are more stupid than me :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I always feel like I live in a different universe when I watch JK. I've never really met people like it, but then again I am in Oxfordshire, which doesn't have many poor areas in comparison to other places in the UK. I think the programme is essentially a freak show, for us middle-classes to look at the poor people. It's kind of immoral.

ReputationRep:
    Reflection of British Council estates maybe.

ReputationRep:
    i live in quite a rough area and no the JK Show is not a reflection of british society lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    Reflection of British Council estates maybe.
    :hand:

ReputationRep:
    I find the Jeremy Kyle show really depressing. It just shows that the world has completely gone to the dogs.

And you might say that the show only reflects chavs, it says nothing about the rest of society. But it's not as though middle-class people are much better. They just won't show off their problems on TV. But affairs, drug addictions, family feuds, accidental children with ambiguous parenthood etc take place among all types of people, not just the working classes.

ReputationRep:
    No just a certain sect of our society. It's sad to see.

ReputationRep:
    I personally see it as mostly "lower class chavs" who want publicity or are too dumb to solve their own problems. However it's very entertaining to watch so I shan't moan

I do realise though that some people go on for help with serious problems so the above does not always apply.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.