Turn on thread page Beta

Hi.....interviews...yet again!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have got a *practice* Oxbridge Law interview tomorrow..do you think I should do anything to prepare or just ride it out? I have read the papers quite a bit especially on legal issues but I have a feeling I am going to forget everything...oh well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    good luck! i had my mock oxford medicine interview tonght. it was really scary, especially because i knew the people! its good tho coz u get feedback on how to improve and they tell you what your like. it certainly built my confidence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    good luck! i had my mock oxford medicine interview tonght. it was really scary, especially because i knew the people! its good tho coz u get feedback on how to improve and they tell you what your like. it certainly built my confidence!
    Sometimes it is really weird with me though...some days I can be really nervous and then other days I can have nerves of steel and orate in front of loads of ppl..is there anything wrong with me? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    I don't know the interviewer cos the mock interviews are being held at another school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Sometimes it is really weird with me though...some days I can be really nervous and then other days I can have nerves of steel and orate in front of loads of ppl..is there anything wrong with me? :rolleyes:
    nah im the same. i just hope i have a good day on the 14th lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    nah im the same. i just hope i have a good day on the 14th lol
    The thing that makes it worse is that you say you cannot prepare for a Law interview...normally I am much more relaxed when prepared

ReputationRep:
    The thing that makes it worse is that you say you cannot prepare for a Law interview...normally I am much more relaxed when prepared
    oh you can definitely prepare. my friend (who was rejected for christ church law) was majorly pissed off that his interviewers asked him questions that required knowledge of the law. i suggest you read up on basic concepts in law!!

ReputationRep:
    oh you can definitely prepare. my friend (who was rejected for christ church law) was majorly pissed off that his interviewers asked him questions that required knowledge of the law. i suggest you read up on basic concepts in law!!
    I have out of interest and as a cover

ReputationRep:
    Do you suppose people who are rejected by Oxbridge feel resentful towards the universities they eventually go to; "I shouldn't be here" sort of attitude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empedocles)
    Do you suppose people who are rejected by Oxbridge feel resentful towards the universities they eventually go to; "I shouldn't be here" sort of attitude?
    I wouldn't mind if I got rejected...I am sure I would be equally happy at one of my other choices

ReputationRep:
    lol your quotation of my post had nothing to do with that comment, but never mind.
    yes, i expect they are a little resentful.

ReputationRep:
    lol your quotation of my post had nothing to do with that comment, but never mind.
    yes, i expect they are a little resentful.
    Sorry. But when you mentioned that your friend had been rejected from Oxford, I wondered how the poor chap(ess) felt.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry. But when you mentioned that your friend had been rejected from Oxford, I wondered how the poor chap(ess) felt.
    Admitedly, I would very much like to get in...to me it would be an honour but, life is hard and rejection would not bog me down

ReputationRep:
    Admitedly, I would very much like to get in...to me it would be an honour but, life is hard and rejection would not bog me down
    That's a good attitude. I hope you get in.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not bitter i didn't get into oxford. i'm loving bristol and getting rejected was the best thing that happened because personally i don't think i would have coped with the work load and feelings of inferiority. Anyone that is at a different uni and is bitter about being there has a major chip on their shoulder.

its quite funny though cos on my course one of the first questions people asked is which oxbridge college were you rejected from

ReputationRep:
    I have got a *practice* Oxbridge Law interview tomorrow..do you think I should do anything to prepare or just ride it out? I have read the papers quite a bit especially on legal issues but I have a feeling I am going to forget everything...oh well :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I had my mock interview today...went quite well although I did have the tendency to forget stuff and the gist of the conversation because I was concentrating to hard to figure out what the interviewer was on about...did pretty well I thought though...the interviewer mentioned that I need to bring my studies into persepective with the legal system and its developments...can any Oxbridge lawyers/ppl who have had interviews for Law at Oxbridge confirm this?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.