Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever skipped any lessons? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How could someone, in their entire life at school, not bunk a single lesson? Tis unfathomable.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but it was cos my friend was crying her eyes out in the loos so I skipped pe to comfort her....

surely thats justified!!

ReputationRep:
    I never skipped lessons.

ReputationRep:
    i used to be so good :trytofly: but now i have to miss at least 2 a week :evil:

ReputationRep:
    I might skip some lessons next week, as it's our last week at school, then it's study leave. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I skipped a couple of Chem lessons (three weeks) in january to revise n my teacher wasn't happy she gave me a 20% attendance... when i got an A in my exams she counted my self-granted study leaves and i got 90% attendance...

ReputationRep:
    In our school, we have electronic registers, to see who is here or not here for class. In addition, in the electronnic registers, it can see if you were in registration or not, and if you attended any previous classes in the day. Therefore, it is easy to see/track if anybody is skipping lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    How could someone, in their entire life at school, not bunk a single lesson? Tis unfathomable.
    I'm not quite sure how I've managed it really! I have convinced people to twag lessons to come shopping with me and things, so it isn't like I'm being all moral about it or anything... and all my lessons next week are going to be parties, so it isn't looking like it's going to happen!

ReputationRep:
    when i was at school i never missed a lesson..... but at college.. its just so easy!

ReputationRep:
    not at school, i didn't see the point, i'd much rather spend my time with my friends than wander around a town.

at university i miss loads of lectures, but thats different.

ReputationRep:
    Who doesn't?

My attendance has been sliding progressively this year. I usually miss at least two lessons per week. It's sort of got to the point where I consider personal study a more useful way of using my time what with exams around the corner.

ReputationRep:
    Only ever after year 12 exams when we then had to go back to start our A2s... and even then it was rare... oh yeh and i've been ill or slept through a few chemitstry lessons this year hehe

ReputationRep:
    At school I didn't miss any for skiving, until my final year there, where I decided the BBQ in the sun by the river sounded like much more fun.

Of course, trying to explain the sun tan was not something I thought of in advance. On the other hand, my parents just laughed. It was fairly irrelevant skiving by then anyway.

Skipped a load of lectures in uni - just because they were too dull to sit through. Let's face it, when you get a lecturer who stands, with their back to the audience, reading their own slides word for word, there really isn't much point.

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse i did!! Alot of times even, it goes this way:
    Out of 100 physics classes i skipped 10
    Out of 100 chemistry classes i skipped 20
    Out of 100 biology classes i skipped 75 :eek: (hey its not tht i hate bio its just tht i knw wat the teacher is gona give so i stay out as i knw it already!!)

ReputationRep:
    i skipped scholl so many times..too many times maybe.. i didnt miss too many at college though..i miss missing school

ReputationRep:
    My god i cant believe so many people have NEVER

I skipped so many from my old school that they wouldnt let me back for my final year.

Skipped about 65 days of the 155 year or somthing like that (rough figures)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    as it's our last week at school, then it's study leave. :p:
    :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Yep.My attendance was terrible in my AS year then I got my results and was annoyed that I could have done better.So during A2's I've been attending and very rarely skiving(maybe 2-3 days all year....) but yes,as someone else said,recently I've been finding staying at home revising a lot more productive so I've been missing about one lesson each day haha!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe sparklyglitter, i learnt the ;lesson a bit sooner, thts rite after my jan results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    In our school, we have electronic registers, to see who is here or not here for class. In addition, in the electronnic registers, it can see if you were in registration or not, and if you attended any previous classes in the day. Therefore, it is easy to see/track if anybody is skipping lessons.
    Same at college, we have to swipe into lessons.. God still people end up skipping half the time. I do alot.. But Ema truth be told has kept me on the straight and narrow. Mostly.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.