Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    This happened a while back but I got rejected from Liverpool Uni to study English and e-mailed to ask for reasons as to why. The e-mail I recieved told me that the University of Liverpool had not entered Clearing because they were at the maximum entrants for the year. However, is there a possibility that they could still enter? Also, when do the lists for courses going into Clearing get released?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I don't quite understand what you mean:

Did you get rejected last year or earlier, as in, you were given an offer then on results day you didn't get the grades, and Liverpool rejected you saying that they were full?

Whether or not a university enters clearing is usually determined year on year, so they might enter clearing this year if less people might have met their offers meaning there are spare places available. In the previous year, where they rejected you, more people made their offers meaning they had filled the places without having to find anyone else to fill the course. Some universities have a policy to never enter clearing at all and generally fill up their entire university places without using clearing, but if Liverpool gave a reason for not entering clearing a previous year that then implies that if they have places they will use clearing.

Clearing starts for the non Scottish universities on the A level results day, for people in Scotland with higher results it starts 2 weeks earlier on Higher/AH results days. You can find out which universities and courses are in it for this year by looking at the Independent newspaper from results day.

If your question was something else, can you reclarify please?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I got rejected earlier this year. I've got a place at Conditional place at University (so I am awaiting my results) but was just wondering whether there was a possiblity for Liverpool to enter even though they said that they had the maximum entrants for the year and were not entering Clearing. Can that happen? The ' a while back' doesn't help with clarity, again, pardon me.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They might enter Clearing, but it's more likely they'd take applicants that narrowly missed their offer. Even if they do enter Clearing, it is highly unlikely they'd take you as you've already been rejected.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.