Turn on thread page Beta

please help :s watch

Announcements

ok i think i am out of love with my gf and i have no idea what to do

wev been goin out for about nearly a year, im a 3rd year near graduate and she has a year left in another far away uni so have done most of our relationship long distance. we've been waiting all year for me to finish so we can spend more time together at the end of my third year but now im actually here i see her as a friend and dont have the feelings i should have. shes 20 and im 24 and personally i feel the age gap sometimes, she seems ready to settle down an have babies at an early opportunity and personally it makes me cringe :/ lol i want to see more of the world and still be crazy and a part of me wishes i was single. i've been tryin my best to stay with her so we can see if things improve after i come home so we can really see wit our relationship is like but i already feel like i shudnt be in this relationship

so with this all in mind how the **** to i break up with her?? shes a nice girl but a little bit needy so breaking up is going to end up being messy i think :s

any people have any ideas how to do it as nice as possible? any experience to call upon? please no stupid replies im after serious help

ReputationRep:
    Be honest with her, make sure you have an exit strategy and make sure she doesn't have to be alone once you leave (ie her friends are around). Don't tel her until she's finished exams etc as you could mess that up. Otherwise, sooner is better than later.

ReputationRep:
    prepare for the ensuing sheep storm.

ReputationRep:
    There's not really any easy way to do it. You just have to be honest with her. Tell her that it's nothing she's done wrong, but that you just don't have the same feelings for her any more. It'll be hard, but it's better to be honest with her and end it than carry on with her believing everything is okay.

And just keep reminding yourself that even though she'll be upset, she WILL get over it.

ReputationRep:
    You have no choice but to tell her when you see her. Don't text it, FB it, email, phone, etc. Just let her know you're not ready to settle down and you think that you should just be friends. It will obviously be hard on her; I mean look at you struggling to even let it out. It's evident that you still care for her, perhaps in a more friendly way now. As soon as you find the perfect opportunity, I say tell her. Better now than later.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys thats really helpful advice minus the sheep joke lol, how are they never funny? anyways im gona leave it untill after i get home and work on that exit strategy. i still have my own work in uni to get on with for the next two weeks so wel be ok untill then. thanks for niceness i feel like a right **** head for it but i cant help how i feel anymore xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.