Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help in deciding between Msc.in Marketing and Strategy (Warwick) and Msc. International Marketing (king's). Here are some points about them:

Warwick:
    + has a strategy component ( I like the course)
    + a very good reputation as a business school
    - location (country-side , campus university)

King's:
    + London, London and again London
    + good reputation as a university overall
    - the course in launched this year so I have no clue about how is going to be

What do you think? Is there any of them better as an university?
    I would choose London if I could compare them , but I'm afraid I can't..
    On the other hand, I want to do a good, advanced msc because I already have my bachelor in marketing.

Any opinion would be much appreciated..
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simona)
    I need help in deciding between Msc.in Marketing and Strategy (Warwick) and Msc. International Marketing (king's). Here are some points about them:

Warwick:
    + has a strategy component ( I like the course)
    + a very good reputation as a business school
    - location (country-side , campus university)

King's:
    + London, London and again London
    + good reputation as a university overall
    - the course in launched this year so I have no clue about how is going to be

What do you think? Is there any of them better as an university?
    I would choose London if I could compare them , but I'm afraid I can't..
    On the other hand, I want to do a good, advanced msc because I already have my bachelor in marketing.

Any opinion would be much appreciated..
    Thanks!
    Warwick. In a couple years the KCL course should be more comparable. But right now I can't imagine that the applicants will be at the level as those who apply to Warwick since they are looking most to fill the course. And if it's not as advanced of a course at KCL, you may feel like you're not getting as much out of your time as you could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancchica530)
    Warwick. In a couple years the KCL course should be more comparable. But right now I can't imagine that the applicants will be at the level as those who apply to Warwick since they are looking most to fill the course. And if it's not as advanced of a course at KCL, you may feel like you're not getting as much out of your time as you could be.
    Thanks very much for your opinion. As a matter of fact I guess it's the london thing that makes my decision so hard.. Otherwise I guess warwick has, as least as regards the business part, an incomparable reputation with KCL.
    If I am wrong..I'm opened to any commentaries.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, i've benn looking for info about Msc Marketing at Kings, but it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find any... i dont know if this year is the first one for them... well im just wanna ask you, did you recieved an offer already from Kings???

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, i've benn looking for info about Msc Marketing at Kings, but it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find any... i dont know if this year is the first one for them... well im just wanna ask you, did you recieved an offer already from Kings??? Im in exactly your same position.. my undergraduate was in marketing.. and some great unis with Marketing Msc's are for people that have never studied marketing, some others are to truly go deeper in the thing.. So.. pleaseee let me know asap if you have any answer from them.

Im an international student.!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the course and the course content, but

Warwick - as a university - is more prestigious than King's College.

Warwick Business School is globally prestigious and King's does not even have one.

Top employers know where to scout top talents and I doubt it if King's is held as high regard as Warwick for employment in the banking, finance, management or marketing sector.

Now, if you got an admission from LSE or Oxbridge, then that's a different story.

ReputationRep:
    The course content is SO different! kings has a lot on international trade so technical stuff. warwick's modules are more creative and interesting i think. Pick the one u like better.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 7, 2012

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.