Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think LSE's prospectus is missleading for students who are thinking of applying there.
    Their what so called "Usual standard offer" is abselout bull**** because they mainly take students with higher grades than it is stated.
    e.g.
    BSc Management
    Usual standard offer: GCE A level: grades A B B
    Applications 2002: 1359
    First year students 2002: 59
    Yes thats 23:1 ratio !!

here's another example.
    BSc Mathematics and Economics
    Course requirement: An A level (A2) pass at grade B or better in a Mathematics
    Usual standard offer: GCE A level: grades A B B
    Applications 2002: 451
    First year students 2002: 53

I'm sure most of the students that lse makes offers to are predicted AAA or AAB ...but they still say ABB (Min of B at Maths)
    Places like York offer ABB for the same course and want an A for maths not a B...and LSE's applicant/accp. is nearly 10:1

It is the same with their other course such as accounting and finance where they say they want ABB but in reality they take most of the candidates who are predicted AAB or AAA...

Its unfair...Just wastes people's choices who are predicted ABB who hope to get in but in reality there's a very little chance...

ReputationRep:
    to get a better idea of the likely requirements go
    to http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html and look at the average A level points score of students who get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    to get a better idea of the likely requirements go
    to http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html and look at the average A level points score of students who get in.

Thankx i have looked...i'm applying for BSc Maths and Economics at LSE, been predicted AAB (Maths , Art and Economics) but i still don't think they'll make me an offeR (((((((((((((((((((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    Thankx i have looked...i'm applying for BSc Maths and Economics at LSE, been predicted AAB (Maths , Art and Economics) but i still don't think they'll make me an offeR (((((((((((((((((((
    maybe u can sex the admission ppl....i sexed them all for UCL, warwick and twice for the imperial ppl....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matouwah)
    maybe u can sex the admission ppl....i sexed them all for UCL, warwick and twice for the imperial ppl....
    errm what do u mean? How?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    errm what do u mean? How?
    they gave me offers for oral pleasures.....

ReputationRep:
    It's not a deception! Anybody with half a brain (which, I would suspect is the bare minimum of what you need to get in) would realise that if the application/place ratio is 1 place per 23 apps, then they're not likely to be given an offer should they not at least exceed the minimum criteria by a reasonable margin.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.