Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Friend vs Boyfriend Material watch

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered this

basically, what makes girls think I want to pursue something with him? vs just keeping it as friends

ReputationRep:
    An uncontrollable urge to get into his pants?

ReputationRep:
    That's just talking about being attracted to a guy. You don't really get to choose who you're attracted to, either. If there's chemistry, there's chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    What the above said xD

Or the one above the above ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    I've always wondered this

basically, what makes girls think I want to pursue something with him? vs just keeping it as friends
    Adonis, you want that girl A to be your girlfriend, and are trying to transition out of friend status, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    Adonis, you want that girl A to be your girlfriend, and are trying to transition out of friend status, aren't you?
    LOL

yes

I've tried, and it's like... she goes "you're attractive, I'm just not attracted to you"

and like, I've seen the guys she's done stuff with and i'm like IM HOTTER THAN HIM !!

ReputationRep:
    I'm always stuck in the friend zone. It sucks. I've decided it won't happen in the future, so, it won't. I think it's generally all decided as soon as you meet them, first impressions.

ReputationRep:
    It basically depends how good looking you are from her perspective, and that's all there is to it.

"I just wanna be friends" = "I think you're ugly and don't want your penis anywhere near me".

ReputationRep:
    LOL

yes

I've tried, and it's like... she goes "you're attractive, I'm just not attracted to you"

and like, I've seen the guys she's done stuff with and i'm like IM HOTTER THAN HIM !!
    Arrogance is clearly such an attractive trait in a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silkspectre)
    It basically depends how good looking you are from her perspective, and that's all there is to it.

"I just wanna be friends" = "I think you're ugly and don't want your penis anywhere near me".
    it's cos I'm not white [seriously, she said that]

but that's gay, cos she's been with asians too

ReputationRep:
    LOL

yes

It's always what happens. It's such a slap in the face when you know you're better than those other guys.

Conclusion; girls don't know what they really want, they just think they do. They will moan to you about how they want a guy that's this and that, and even though you might be all those things she won't see you as a target.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

yes

I'm feeling your pain right now bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    it's not arrogance, it's just like i see the guys she is attracted to

and they are just average guys, some are below

and i'm like WHYY?? HOW? HOW? how can you say you like him and not me?

ReputationRep:
    your too nice to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    it actually is though, acting like an arrogant and pompous douchebag has always resulted in many more pulls for me than being a 'nice guy'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    I'm feeling your pain right now bro.
    last night was horrible

she is moving, and so is homeless so she had to sleep at mine

or rather in the same bed, so she's there next to me semi naked and i'm like - REALLY? SERIOUSLY?

like shoving a cake in front of a dieter, oh man... i had to muster up some serious will not to grope her

ReputationRep:

Arrogant:
    adj.
    1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
    2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others.
    Erm... :rolleyes:

But really though, have you said something along the lines of 'why would you want him when you could have me?' that could majorly put this lady off you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    yh i know what u mean, had same thing with a girl hu threw herself at every wannabe rude boy in sight, but constantly ignored me... sometimes u just have to accept it and move on - try her friends :P

ReputationRep:
    Does she know how you feel then?

ReputationRep:

I'm going with a guy I doubt many would say is above average, but believe it or not, looks aren't actually everything :rolleyes: He's georgous to me. I don't know how to describe it :p:

Mentally we just click. If she isn't attracted to you it's not just because you're "hotter" than the guys she likes. You just aren't right for her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.