Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who else is planning to go to one of the University of Sheffield's Open Days this week? I'm visiting tomorrow (Monday). I'm booked in to the Physics and Astronomy departmental talk in the afternoon, although I'm also hoping to get a chance to go on the accommodation/campus tours.

Also, has anybody had any experience of the Park & Ride service in Sheffield? The University has said that car parking is limited around their campus, so I thought it might be a better idea to park at the edge of the city, and get to the University by tram. Anybody else doing this too?

ReputationRep:
    You really won't need to park somewhere and get the tram in - the city centre has tons of parking and is a 10-15 minute walk from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on Tuesday. Really need to sort transport out...

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna go to another open day just to go back to sheffield :p:
    Its nearly a year ago the first time I visited and fell in love with the place

ReputationRep:
    It's summer, there'll be no students around. Just park on Harcourt Road or Crookesmoor Road, it'll only cost a few £ and it's a 5 minute walk from the university. Don't bother with the Park & Ride (although the service is excellent, it's just more hassle than it's worth for you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james99)
    It's summer, there'll be no students around. Just park on Harcourt Road or Crookesmoor Road, it'll only cost a few £ and it's a 5 minute walk from the university. Don't bother with the Park & Ride (although the service is excellent, it's just more hassle than it's worth for you).
    thought you needed a residents permit to park there? (curious as it would be good if you didnt)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    thought you needed a residents permit to park there? (curious as it would be good if you didnt)
    You do, but most of the area is also a pay and display

ReputationRep:
    I'm going tomorrow.
    Getting up at 6:30 in time for the biomedical science talk at 10:30 :|
    Anyone else going to be there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    I'm going tomorrow.
    Getting up at 6:30 in time for the biomedical science talk at 10:30 :|
    Anyone else going to be there?
    I'm going too but not the bioscience talks :p: I have booked for the talks for the management school lol how are u getting there?
    ]I'm getting the train to sheffield.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I hope there's stands or people to talk to for different departments; I want to go to another talk, not the one I booked a place for..but it says in the e-mail they take your name before you go in

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I have to get up at 5.30 and then take an almost 4 hour train journey..having said that still looking forward to it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockinrads)
    I'm going too but not the bioscience talks :p: I have booked for the talks for the management school lol how are u getting there?
    ]I'm getting the train to sheffield.. :cool:
    :p:
    My parents are driving me luckily! Still going to take about 3 hours.
    How long's your train journey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MetalHed)
    Ugh I have to get up at 5.30 and then take an almost 4 hour train journey..having said that still looking forward to it :p:
    Wow, long journey! Hope it's not too bad!
    What talk are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    I hope there's stands or people to talk to for different departments; I want to go to another talk, not the one I booked a place for..but it says in the e-mail they take your name before you go in
    I'm sure they will.. Dont worry
    bythe way which talk did you book for and which one do you really want to go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    :p:
    My parents are driving me luckily! Still going to take about 3 hours.
    How long's your train journey?
    Its about 1 hour 15ish minutes.. not bad eh..
    definitely better than Metal head :p:

ReputationRep:
    I went today, it wouldn't have mattered if I hadn't have booked, they do take your name and give you a pack, but you can get all the leaflets from the goeg dept. What did everyone who went today think of it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure they will.. Dont worry
    bythe way which talk did you book for and which one do you really want to go to?
    I booked for Economics, but I want to go to Politics instead. Hmmm, might try a flutter of the eyelashes and a winning smile. I already changed once from History to Economics too :p: indecisive, I think so.

ReputationRep:
    Its about 1 hour 15ish minutes.. not bad eh..
    definitely better than Metal head :p:
    Ah, lucky! :p:
    Haha, yeah, just a bit :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyjane_09)
    I booked for Economics, but I want to go to Politics instead. Hmmm, might try a flutter of the eyelashes and a winning smile. I already changed once from History to Economics too :p: indecisive, I think so.
    I booked for economics at first but changed it to Management :p:
    so how are you getting there ? I'm getting the train from near liverpool :P

ReputationRep:
    I booked for economics at first but changed it to Management :p:
    so how are you getting there ? I'm getting the train from near liverpool :P
    well I was going to get the train from Manchester, but cba getting an hour long train to Manchester, then another hour and a half.
    so getting a lift from my friend's brother...hopefully! I really want to fall in love with Sheffield, because I've been to a few open days and I've not had that "feeling" yet. I'm probably setting my standards too high, but still holding out until tomorrow.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 6, 2009

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.