Turn on thread page Beta

Are my a-levels ok for business management at King's College watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi wondering if anyone could help me.

At the moment I have just completed Business Studies, English Language and Literature and History at AS level and will be doing these subjects at A2. To get another AS level I am starting Government and Politics in September. Originally I started Law with my other subjects and ended up dropping it (did not get on with it at all!) Would King's view this negatively that I dropped a subject? Also, although they do not state it, would Business Studies put me at a disadvantage? Even though I wanted to do the Business Management course I wasn't sure that this would be a problem or not? Lastly, I retook a couple of my exams as I wanted to get the grades up? Would King's view this negatively as well? Final question, by the time I start uni I should've completed Gold Duke of Edinburgh, would this help my application?

Sorry for the big paragraph but so many questions to ask! Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Theyre fine, maybe shouldnt have done language, but wit Politics AS, you should be fine. Oh, and take my word for this, I recently went to LSE and Oxford open days - the professors care absolutely nothing about your extra curricular stuff, they just want good grades and some inspiration - I pretty much asked this question to a few of them directly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie92)
    Hi wondering if anyone could help me.

At the moment I have just completed Business Studies, English Language and Literature and History at AS level and will be doing these subjects at A2. To get another AS level I am starting Government and Politics in September. Originally I started Law with my other subjects and ended up dropping it (did not get on with it at all!) Would King's view this negatively that I dropped a subject? Also, although they do not state it, would Business Studies put me at a disadvantage? Even though I wanted to do the Business Management course I wasn't sure that this would be a problem or not? Lastly, I retook a couple of my exams as I wanted to get the grades up? Would King's view this negatively as well? Final question, by the time I start uni I should've completed Gold Duke of Edinburgh, would this help my application?

Sorry for the big paragraph but so many questions to ask! Thanks x
    I got an offer for this course at KCL, and I have done A2 Business Studies, so I assume they didn't have any problems with it?
    Didn't really have any massive extra-curricular stuff, so Gold D of E isn't exactly essential but I suppose it may be taken into account.
    Main thing is to have good A-Level predictions.
    They probably wouldn't care that you dropped a subject either.

ReputationRep:
    Oh brill feel a lot more confident now.
    Also, timmo541 have you seen the site where they teach the course or the halls? I wasn't able to get to the open day and have only seen the website pics and virtual tours. Wondering if it was nice and what the atmosphere was like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie92)
    Oh brill feel a lot more confident now.
    Also, timmo541 have you seen the site where they teach the course or the halls? I wasn't able to get to the open day and have only seen the website pics and virtual tours. Wondering if it was nice and what the atmosphere was like?
    Yeah I saw the Waterloo campus where the Business Management course is based on an Open Day.
    I wouldn't say it's amazing but it hasn't put me off the course. It's much better than City University though, put it that way. The atmosphere seemed pretty friendly too from what I saw. Theres a big lecture hall where the main lectures will take place and then theres lots of smaller rooms around the building for smaller group learning.
    Accommodation is same story really, the rooms look quite small but you will get that in any London uni accommodation tbh. Stamford St Apartments are right next to the campus and they have ensuite bathrooms which is a bonus so I'm hoping to get in there. Most of the self-catering accommodation seems to be in good locations, and any that are quite far from the campus are on a bus route so not a massive problem.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thanks for all your help.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.