The Student Room Group

TSR Left-Handers Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
lol yeah thats a good one, also is this a left hander thing or is it just me and cous...when we were younger, we would always always read comic books from the back page (not the actual long stories) but would start wiht the strips and the back, one of my right handed cousins always said we were weird and only left handers did it, lol
Reply 181
how wierd does that sound

...one of my right handed cousins....

its like hes got some sort of disease, lol (well i guess he has, lol!)
can say i am a member now :biggrin: yay!!!! lol!!!!! xoxo
Reply 183
i'm a left handed newbie...can i join?...please
Reply 184
Madprof
Lol! Well I am but think it may be more to do with not wearing my contacts enough...

What I find the most annoying about being left-handed is smudging everything you've just writen. Can't use a fountain pen unless you write with a semi-dislocated wrist to avoid touching the paper. Meh. Always wanted a fountain pen as well.

Another thing is filling in tables and things with writing down the left of the page cos you can't see what you're doing. Really annoys me!

/rant

they all really piss me off! an i have adapted my writing to have my hand 90deg from my wrist, my wrist 90deg from elbow and so on, i look like a complete idiot when writing!!!
Reply 185
an i have adapted my writing to have my hand 90deg from my wrist, my wrist 90deg from elbow and so on, i look like a complete idiot when writing!!!

I write like that too! I didn't realise how weird I looked until my mum kindly took a photo of me writing one day.
Reply 186
what is the name for someone who use both their left hand and their right?

i used my left hand for knife and fork, picking up things like cups and brushing my hair, but my right for writing and equal to my left for picking up things too.

im confused!
Reply 187
the words ambidextrous (sp?)

i get really pissed off by pens with writing on if you hold them in your right hand they make sense put them in your left hand and its nonsense grr its discrimination

oh and apparently left hand people are percieved as clumsly because they do the opporise thing like turning the oppersite way to right handed people
Niaya
the words ambidextrous (sp?)

i get really pissed off by pens with writing on if you hold them in your right hand they make sense put them in your left hand and its nonsense grr its discrimination

oh and apparently left hand people are percieved as clumsly because they do the opporise thing like turning the oppersite way to right handed people

yeah thats true when i was workin as a waitress a year ago i left because i was told to just set down the knifes and forks the way i would usually use them, the owners never checked which way i set them down and the whole party complained because of the way the knifes and forks were set....lol i got shouted at so i said f**k off and left hehe :biggrin: xoxo
Reply 189
Hehe. I only write with my left hand I do stuff like eating and playing sport the 'normal' way.
Reply 190
Kit_Kat
Hehe. I only write with my left hand I do stuff like eating and playing sport the 'normal' way.

you sayin im not normal?
Reply 191
Niaya
you sayin im not normal?

:eek: yeah biatch whats your problem!!?!! :p:
Reply 192
Can I join please? :biggrin:

I do most things with my left hand, unlike most other left handed people on here, apart from sports (stupid PE teachers making us all learn the right handed way!!!!).
Reply 193
Mits
Can I join please? :biggrin:

I do most things with my left hand, unlike most other left handed people on here, apart from sports (stupid PE teachers making us all learn the right handed way!!!!).

go to user cp and click groups and click join on this one
Reply 194
you sayin im not normal?

Tis the way all my right-handed friends describe it!

There is no shame in not being normal :P
Reply 195
Kit_Kat

I used to use my left hand to eat but my father used to tell me to use my right hand whenever he sees me until I got used to it,but I still sneak using it between once and a while.. :biggrin:
Reply 196
habosh
I used to use my left hand to eat but my father used to tell me to use my right hand whenever he sees me until I got used to it,but I still sneak using it between once and a while.. :biggrin:

i eat right handly im used to it now
all my family eat right handly and me my sis and my dad are all left handed
Reply 197
Yeah in my culture you are meant to eat with your right hand as the left-hand is considered unclean - I used to eat with my left hand but then made a conscious decision a few years ago to change it - although sometimes I revert back to my left hand.

One weird thing is that my dad is right handed but always uses his knife and fork int he opposite way i.e. fork in right hand and knife in left...
Reply 198
Ambidexterity is the ability to use both your hands with equal ease or facility.

Such as using both hands to write, draw or paint with equal ability - as you can imagine this is pretty rare- although perhaps it is possibly to teach yourself...
Reply 199
Falguni
Ambidexterity is the ability to use both your hands with equal ease or facility.

Such as using both hands to write, draw or paint with equal ability - as you can imagine this is pretty rare- although perhaps it is possibly to teach yourself...

yes you can teach it to yourself and you can lose it if you dont use it

Quick Reply

Latest