The Student Room Group

Got my award notice from SAAS, bit confused.

I just got my award notice and I thought I would get the maximum support due to very low parental income, but I have received £915 loan for living costs, do I need to pay this back? I thought it would be more to cover my accomodation etc, and is there no grants available that you don't pay back?
Reply 1
Just phoned SAAS and they say they haven't seen my parents divorce decree yet that's why it's not all showing up.
Reply 2
Even maximum support involves a loan that has to be paid back.
You have to send away documents to show that your parents have a low income. The same thing happened to me but I called the SAAS and they said to send away things like proof of my parents divorce and my mum's income.
Reply 4
Saas are annoying, twice now they've got their calculations wrong for me.
Reply 5
Got my new award notice and I have the £2,640 bursary and it details the dates when it is paid, but it also says I have the loan of £2,590 paid by SLC but it doesn't say when or how, does anyone know?
I got my award notice from SAAS but I don't know if I need to send them any documents to back up my application. I'm really confused, can anyone help?
Reply 7
missimpossible
I got my award notice from SAAS but I don't know if I need to send them any documents to back up my application. I'm really confused, can anyone help?

Did they ask for any? I only had to send my parent's divorce decree as I was stating only my mum's income counted.
There's something that says on the back they'll maybe send for stuff (but I got my award notice over two months ago :s-smilie:)

And then this is on the SAAS portal after I login:

You should check to see if you need to send us any documents to support your application. Generally you only need to send photocopies of your documents if this is the first time you have applied to us or you are returning after a break in studies. Do not send us original documents. You can download the following form to send us with copies of the documents. You can download this from here.

I'm just not really sure what I'm doing. It's probably obvious but I'm having a case of stupidbrain, as I usually do when money's involved :P:.
Reply 9
My parents are only separated, I only live with my mum so only her income counts so I am not sure what documents to send either! :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Hi guys ! I saw your comments about the award notice from SAAS and I'm also a bit confused with the letter that SAAS sent me. I have received the award notice that says they'll pay a certain amount of money for my fees. Nice ! But, on the online application service, they still ask me to send them some documents like divorce thing and the income from my parents.

Can somebody tell me if I still need to send them the documents or if it's ok like this ?

Thank you

Ps: I'm a european student, neither scottish nor british and I'm going to the University of Glasgow.

Julien.
Reply 11
I received my award notice today after asking for 'maximum available', which I have done for the last 2 years. Last 2 years I have received around £2500 but this year I am getting £4500... this must be a mistake?! anyone else getting a similar award?!
Reply 12
On review of my application apparently I have applied for a 'non-income assessed loan' and in 'Other Details' the answer to 'I intend to take up employment' the answer is set to 'No', I never answered this question and I already have a job.. does this matter? and will I have to submit my parents P60s?
Original post by samgrieve
I received my award notice today after asking for 'maximum available', which I have done for the last 2 years. Last 2 years I have received around £2500 but this year I am getting £4500... this must be a mistake?! anyone else getting a similar award?!

The minimum amount of loan you can receive has been upped to £4500, if you want less i assume you can ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hiya,
I've applied to SAAS on the 22nd of June which means I before the deadline of 30th June. I still haven't heard from them yet and I'm a bit confused with the website. It says:

"You have indicated you are an EU Student, you will now only be able to apply for tuition fees. If this is incorrect please amend your student profile by clicking the Maintain my Details and Profile link below then choose Update Study Profile before making a Student Award Application."

I am an EU Student and I only want to apply for tuition fees, but I don't know where on the page I can do this. Any helpful ideas??
Thank you!!
Mirjam
What is the address

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending