The Student Room Group

Cocky fool!!!

OK, so I've been friends with this boy for about 8 years now, since we were both 8/9. He's one of the nicest, funniest guys I've ever met, and we get on sooo well.
But recently, he's really changed. He's hanging out with completely different people, which is fine cos he always has. Except now he's getting wasted like every other day, getting off with girls left right and centre, and being a general idiot.
Now we're drifting apart and I hardly ever see him. We're off to uni next year, and I just worry that I'll never see him again :frown:
Then, recently, I found out that he thinks I fancy him, which actually nearly made me scream! (with anger)
He's just gotten so cocky and full of himself, and...urgh!!!
Advice needed pleeease...before I strangle him!
:s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

love is in the air ?

no but seriously, call him, meet up in starbucks(because he may be wasted and might need some coffee) and talk to him tell him how you feel and that you dont want to drift apart and assure him you dont fancy him.
Reply 2
talk to him after he's finished university and looking for a job - he'll be less cocky then. and three years older, so probably a bit less of a dick
Reply 3
You need to speak to him and let him know how you feel. You need to set a few issues straight.

How close are yous?
Reply 4
xo-Heva
You need to speak to him and let him know how you feel. You need to set a few issues straight.

How close are yous?

Pretty close-or we used to be.
He would bitch to me about his girlfriends and I can always rely on him if I really need him...
Unless he's being a dick...which is actually pretty often. :mad:
Reply 5
wow that sucks, be there in the background, an email every now and then and keep in contact like that until he learns how to respect himself and women
Reply 6
Maevis
But recently, he's really changed. He's hanging out with completely different people, which is fine cos he always has. Except now he's getting wasted like every other day, getting off with girls left right and centre, and being a general idiot.

Shockingly enough, that's quite normal for 18 year old boys.

Your only genuine complaint there is that he is apparently arrogant. Which is hardly the worst thing in the world. I think the real question is: why are you so threatened by it?
Reply 7
Sounds like he's just found his tail - not great that your drifting apart, but at the same time, if he wants to get hammered and take home different bits of skirt each night, thats his choice and not up to you.

Let him know how you feel, I'm sure deep down he still likes you exactly the same and nothings changed, he's just found himself and enjoying it!
Reply 8
L i b
Shockingly enough, that's quite normal for 18 year old boys.
Your only genuine complaint there is that he is apparently arrogant. Which is hardly the worst thing in the world. I think the real question is: why are you so threatened by it?

17 actually.
I'm not threatened, just pissed because he's not like that at all! He's got Stravinsky on his iPod! And is obsessed with the bassoon.
You see my point.
Reply 9
Maevis
17 actually.
I'm not threatened, just pissed because he's not like that at all! He's got Stravinsky on his iPod! And is obsessed with the bassoon.
You see my point.

...not really. He likes classical music and is arrogant? I think most people that I know who play in orchestras and so forth are fairly arrogant. He gets drunk with his friends? Shockingly enough, that's perfectly compatible with liking any style of music...

That he has changed a bit is not something worth complaining about. That's what people do. Plenty of my friends have simply dropped off the radar because, over the years, we stopped sharing things in common. That's just part of getting older.

So we're just back to arrogance. Now, arrogance isn't a great character trait, but ultimately it's not the worst thing in the world. Moreover, a lot of people have a tendency to mistake confidence for arrogance and vice-versa.
Reply 10
No I don't see your point, so just because he likes Stravinsky, he's not allowed to get drunk and pull different women?

People change, he's clearly having a good time so let him do so.
Reply 11
OK, so maybe my point is null et void.
I get what you're saying, and I get your points.
I guess I am being a bit over possessive...but it's just weird! It's just not him at all. And yeah, maybe he's changing, but it's not nice watching him become this...arrogant...urgh.
I think I'm angry over the whole me fancying him thing as well, so that's not helping my totally biased remarks.
Thanks anyway...
Maybe you should have a really good chat with him, organise to meet up with him and ask him what he has been up to etc. As he's telling you maybe you could tell him how much he has changed, but at the same time I'm not sure how much that would work because if he doesn't think its a change for the worse, or likes the way he is then there's not a lot you can do but its worth a try :smile:

oh yeh and maybe make it extra clear that you are just his friend and don't fancy him, it might do him good to hear that to be honest, it might knock him down a bit. Good luck with it :smile:
Reply 13
I think you want to sit on his face.

:love:
Mr-Dangerous
love is in the air ?

no but seriously, call him, meet up in starbucks(because he may be wasted and might need some coffee) and talk to him tell him how you feel and that you dont want to drift apart and assure him you dont fancy him.

This.
Reply 15
Ew Stravinsky. He must die.

I have Vaughan Williams on my phone - does that make me a bad person?
Reply 16
ashy
I have Vaughan Williams on my phone - does that make me a bad person?

lol no...I think...
Yes, Stravinsky...I know. :yep: He is utterly obsessed, poor boy
Reply 17
Maevis
lol no...I think...
Yes, Stravinsky...I know. :yep: He is utterly obsessed, poor boy

But Stravinsky is rubbish. It's just noise (apart from the Firebird, which is cool).
Reply 18
ashy
But Stravinsky is rubbish. It's just noise (apart from the Firebird, which is cool).

Yeah, but he's more interested in the Rite of Spring, with the bassoon solo at the beginning.
Seriously, I sat through years of him trying to play those like two bars to me! Twas not so good.
At the risk of sounding incroyably geeky, I love Rachmaninov piano concertos.
You??
(PLease reply or I will look like some weird person)
(Not that I don't already)
:confused:
Reply 19
Maevis
Yeah, but he's more interested in the Rite of Spring, with the bassoon solo at the beginning.
Seriously, I sat through years of him trying to play those like two bars to me! Twas not so good.
At the risk of sounding incroyably geeky, I love Rachmaninov piano concertos.
You??
(PLease reply or I will look like some weird person)
(Not that I don't already)
:confused:

lol.

I do enjoy the Rachmaninov piano concertos, but only in the right mood. If we're talking piano concertos then Grieg piano concerto in A minor is awesome as well. Also the Hungarian Rhapsodies (nos. 2 and 15 especially) are great, but then again I am Hungarian so there may be SOME bias there.

But yeah I can kinda imagine how that bloody bassoon solo could drive someone to distraction, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to dislike someone :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending