Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Just curious as to whether any one on TSR's going? I'm thinking that it might be nice not to be a complete stranger!

ReputationRep:
    Not heard anything about it, who's it aimed at [as in, which IOT course]?

ReputationRep:
    You're unlikely to find many "partners" on here, unless they are applicants as well! Mr Theo1977 passed my number on to his mates on the course, who passed it on to their OHs, so we could sort something out in advance - you could try that?

It's an "interesting" day!

ReputationRep:
    Very interesting, I was on my OH's back in October. Great tour around CHOM during the day and a good piss up in the evening!

ReputationRep:
    Drewski, it's the IOT 16 course
    Theo, I guessed that but figured there's always a chance, no matter how small :p: I'll have to try that one out, thanks for the idea..
    Sam, Yeah, I had to ask my step dad about the dress code at these things- the letter just confused things... I am looking forward to the CHOM tour... I was also hoping the drill demonstration would be good (I'm a CCF cadet currently- AKA a 'space cadet'?? ) but apparently the volunteers are all rubbish,

ReputationRep:
    Volunteers? For the drill demonstration?

They are not volunteers, the cadets have no choice about it as far as I know! :p:

Try not to laugh as much as I did if the mistake comes not from the marching troops, but the cadet commanding them!

What is the evening theme? Ours was James Bond, very good fun with the gambling room & cocktails!

ReputationRep:
    That's what my OH said anyways. I'm used to having JNCO's at CCF messing up drill and not displaying that I'm laughing, so this should be no problem...ha, we'll see.

I haven't heard about any theme, I know the Grad Ball theme is post war 1940's/50's. Red lipstick and monroe dresses!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.