The Student Room Group

deloitte internship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Hi Everyone, hope you won't mind me intruding.

I just literally sent in my apps 6 hours ago... Would anyone feel that it's pretty late right now for applying D=??
Ongels
I was thinking about how a lot of us are applying to the big 4 and I was wondering how people differentiate between them? I mean, in the hugely unlikely circumstance where somebody got offers from all of them, what would make you choose one over the other? Deloitte has an advantage from my perspective because they opened applications early and have been rather efficient, but surely there's more than that to recommend them over and above the others.
PWC number one in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers for the sixth year in a row.

Of course, there are other factors that are important as well :smile:
what do you call exactly the big 4?
thanks
valeryblack
what do you call exactly the big 4?
thanks

KPMG
PWC
Ernst and Young
Deloitte
Reply 144
Had my first stage interview today, so let the agony of waiting commence!
Reply 145
Yay, I'm through to the Assessment Centre! :biggrin:
Reply 146
Hellooo i'm new here. just wondering if anyone has been to the assessment centre for consulting/any tips etc?

thank you =)
which test do deloitte use SHL/PSL?
vix_245
SHL :smile:

cheers
after you complete the test what does it say, does it redirect you straight to the verbal tests or say under consideration?
Reply 149
wilma flintstone
cheers
after you complete the test what does it say, does it redirect you straight to the verbal tests or say under consideration?

There's a gap.
Hey guys, how long does it take for them to find you a date for the interview? I phoned them and told them that any friday would do for the interview (as I dont have classes that day) and they said they don't have any fridays available right now, that they'd have to check availability and that they'd call back. Does anyone know how long i'll have to wait? :s-smilie: is it a few days, or weeks?
Reply 151
Wahh~~ :woo: My assessment day is coming up this Friday and I'm so nervous. I've been reading up on the FT for the whole week, looking at Deloitte's previous happenings, checking their website, preparing my competencies, reading their annual reports and their economic review, emailing the people for advice looking at what e-tray is all about...

Can anyone tell me if I can do any more to prepare and also how long the assessment day was and how the interview was like. I'm so nervous, my mind and body have been running around in circles :eek3:
Reply 152
Okay... had my assessment day. Now for the long~~~~ wait :eek3: .
Reply 153
Right. Assessment Centre done. 3 days and then I'll know and then this loooong process will be done!
Reply 154
Was your first interview face to face?
What position are you applying for?

How long after tests do they take to tell you if you have passed?

Well done for getting this far xx
Reply 155
sweetie23
Was your first interview face to face?
What position are you applying for?

How long after tests do they take to tell you if you have passed?

Well done for getting this far xx

Is that to me? I'm going to assume it was because it was right after me.

I had a telephone interview, then a face to face interview, then an assessment day, which included a partner interview amongst other things.

I'm applying for the consultancy Summer vacation scheme.

It takes up to a few days after the test for them to say if you've passed.

Reply 156
OK, I officially have a place on the SVS in London for consultancy! Absolutely overjoyed. :biggrin:
Congrats! i'm still waiting for an assessment centre..no availability :frown:
Reply 158
heart shaped box
Congrats! i'm still waiting for an assessment centre..no availability :frown:

They take...forever. I was told about mine two days before it happened.
Ongels
They take...forever. I was told about mine two days before it happened.

Hopefully i'll have a chance to have a go at it before places are filled up. I saw on the website that my 2 preferred locations have already closed their apps :frown:

They sent me an email to say that they have got too many applicants at the moment.. Do you think it would be useful to phone them up again? I've been waiting for more than a month now :o:

And wow, 2 days of notice! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest