Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm a future Portsmouth student but I am finding myself in a little bit of mess. Basically, today I recieved my offer for a room in a hall of residence. All good and all, but they mispelled my last name Not in a horrible way, just switched two letters between then. Who do I contact to solve this? Student housing? I know it might sound like a little thing to worry about, but in another letter they send me there was the same mistake and I am thinking that this is afterall a contract, so the names must be correctly spelled. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry, im going and havent applied for residence :-O. just guna be a lucky dip when i get my results

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is to either ring them or email them on the contact details on the letter/contract and say that they have mispelt your name and ask whether it's important - if it is they'll send you a new copy with the corrections. If not they'll just ask you to send in your current mispelt version contract.
    What halls did you get by the way? I'm still waiting to hear!

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LyssaJane-x-)
    What halls did you get by the way? I'm still waiting to hear!

x

QeQm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voxxy)
    QeQm
    Did you submit your residence choice via online or post? because i'm still waiting for mine, I sent mine via post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by botchok5)
    Did you submit your residence choice via online or post? because i'm still waiting for mine, I sent mine via post.

ReputationRep:
    is it only the communications from student housing that have the incorrect spelling? or it it everything the uni has sent? if its just your housing you need to inform student housing. if its everything you should contact your departments admissions office AND student housing.

ReputationRep:
    just the housing guys had this problem. i emailed them and they said it's not a big deal, bla bla bla. all good now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2009

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
  • University of Portsmouth
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 1 Dec '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.