The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Redpanda91
Yeah Martha will be the new doctor I think, to replace Owen.. I remember something at the end of Dr. Who about her going with Torchwood.. meh my memory's rubbish.

I just read "Martha will be the new doctor"...
Reply 201
saivens
Yeah, I don't know if I can wait that long! It's been good to have it on consecutive nights though, you don't lose interest
Problem is I didn't realise, watched 2 and 3 on iPlayer just before :biggrin:
Colonel Brusnahan
There's going to be nobody left in Torchwood soon! I actually shed a tear when Ianto died, was very sad.

But it was the best episode yet, it tackled prejudice within government, didn't expect that.

Wouldn't be surprised if the stone cold fox that works for the government joins Torchwood after this.

And I hope that snob who came up with the idea to pick the lowest 10% dies a horrible death.

Yeah it was interesting to see that. I felt like giving the lady a tight slap when she was going on about kids who'd end up on benefits and how they should be given to the enemy. TRAMP
Reply 203
Magical Moogles
It seems I have a lot to learn about the programme!

Im interested in buying the previous series'. From what I have seen this week, its been really good! :biggrin:

Its very good :yep:
Reply 204
azhao
Series ain't finished yet :eek:

The only thing that could make me happy with this series would be "...And it was all a dream!" :p:
Reply 205
you piece of **** thanks for spoiling it i hope you die next /end rant
Reply 206
Susant
Wouldn't Doc. Who have normally been involved in this by now :rolleyes:

He's busy dealing with The Master...I mean the Waters of Mars :rolleyes:
To be honest, that woman sounds like some of the population of TSR ("EMA SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!" etc.)

I wonder if Ianto will be replaced with Captain John ...
Reply 208
saivens
I hope Martha doesn't join Or Mickey really..

Haha, I might watch all five again on the weekend, It's been so good
I'm away from Saturday, was annoyed cus I thought I'd miss the series by being on holiday, turns out I didn't :biggrin:
:cry: how could they??
LastLordofTime
To be honest, that woman sounds like some of the population of TSR ("EMA SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!" etc.)

I wonder if Ianto will be replaced with Captain John ...

Or martha, Mickey the idiot and Lois Habbiba
Reply 211
LastLordofTime
The Doctor generally just happens to be around at points where the world is ending. He's not always around to save the day.

spoiler for Day 4

Spoiler

I thought it was going to be a "I'll give one chance to surrender. If not, then not a force on this Earth can stop me!" moment.
Reply 212
wizard710
Or martha, Mickey the idiot and Lois Habbiba

What about Rose and Clone Doctor? :awesome:
Colonel Brusnahan
What about Rose and Clone Doctor?

They're in another dimension but don't you remember jack asking Martha and Mickey at the end of last series, look on iplayer the episode is there
It should be there, they showed the christmas special today, so the end of last series should of been over the last week.
Reply 215
i cntbelieve he is dead. hands up who shed a tear, i did. i reckon tho something happens to gwen next, like becoming unpregnant or something
Reply 216
wizard710
They're in another dimension but don't you remember jack asking Martha and Mickey at the end of last series, look on iplayer the episode is there

Yeah, I know that, but I assumed they wouldn't join up because they weren't in this mini-series. I'm all for Martha (who I think might be part of UNIT if I'm remembering the Sontaron episode correctly) and Mickey, though I'd like Lois or the army chick too.
Well, Mickey isn't affiliated with anyone on this Earth, but in "Pete's World" he was a part of Torchwood. Martha might be having some trouble transferring, and at the moment (during this series of Torchwood) is on her honeymoon.
Reply 218
Topaz_eyes
^ This :biggrin:

Maybe Jack could give him his super-TARDIS-alive-ness powers?

Awww yeah, and then they could live forever, together. Too cheesy? I think not :o:

I cried too. There's another thread on Torchwood by the way, which you might want to check out: Here
And I think the 456 are doing really well at the creepy-make-people-scared thing. They might be incredibly weak. They seem to need human children - possibly to survive? Symbiotic race perhaps? Somewhat like the Goa'uld of Stargate? They take control of the hosts and assimilate their technology. But as the Doctor says, a name is powerful. You weaken something's power over you by knowing it's name. Knowing it's name is the first step to understanding it, and we fear what we don't understand. That and we don't actually know what they looks like :|

Latest