Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am one of them and got frustrated as hell since I didn't meet even insurance.

I dont really know what to do at this point.

Is it possible to ask remarking and send our new result to university?

ReputationRep:
    Me neither - I failed to meet it by 1 point and I didn't even have an insurance.

ReputationRep:
    all I needed was 30 I met that I have 34
    BUT I needed a 6,4,4 HL - the six from biology
    and I got 5,5,7....so puck that
    now I have to wait until the A-levels are out...waiting again!!!! till 20 august...gosh

ReputationRep:
    i missed out on my firm and insurance...
    my life is basically over.

ReputationRep:
    I got 34, which is what I needed for my insurance, but I also needed 6,5,5. I got 6,6,3. I need to have a chat with them to see if they'll still have me. I'm also going to have a go with UCL - it's 2 points in an irrelevant subject [Computer Science], so hopefully I can still get in.

Still, nothing certain at this point, and I'll be annoyed if I have to wait until the A-level results. One of the secondary reasons I did IB was to avoid the cluster**** that inevitably occurs around A-level results.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed my firm and found out that I got rejected...my life is over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mac09)
    i missed out on my firm and insurance...
    my life is basically over.

No it's not...don't say it like that..

ReputationRep:
    For all of you who are worried, there are many options available to you such as remarks, negotiating, (for UK-bound students) UCAS Clearing and even retaking if it comes to it. Why not read about them?

ReputationRep:
    Baaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aloysius)
    For all of you who are worried, there are many options available to you such as remarks, negotiating, (for UK-bound students) UCAS Clearing and even retaking if it comes to it. Why not read about them?
    Although you remark them, you cannot garuantee that your university will still consider you..

In addition, can you go to big title university by clearing?? I doubt it.

Basically there is no way except for retaking, spending all year doing nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proudofmyself)
    Although you remark them, you cannot garuantee that your university will still consider you..

In addition, can you go to big title university by clearing?? I doubt it.

Basically there is no way except for retaking, spending all year doing nothing
    Going to the best universities isn't everything in life. When you get a job, it's not the name of the university you went to. It's about who you are and the skills you possess. If you are really passionate and care about something, it will show in your interview, and your work.

Don't just view something in a negative light and accept it. Look for alternatives, explore different perspectives. One of the teachers at my school didn't go to a top university, but we all regard him in awe as he is such a nice, funny and witty person and deeply loves teaching. Don't let temporary set backs pull you down completely.

As Neihls Bohr, a Physics Nobel Laureate once said: "An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made."

ReputationRep:
    I got 26points & my isurance was 29.

I'm waiting for the school to open so I can call and make an appointment with my IB Coordinator.

My parents are livid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rizzletop)
    Me neither - I failed to meet it by 1 point and I didn't even have an insurance.
    Shouldn't you just be able to phone the uni and ask for your place? They are bound to let you in on 1point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChannieAlana)
    Shouldn't you just be able to phone the uni and ask for your place? They are bound to let you in on 1point.
    well I have a simmilar situation I called and they said that we need to wait till Alevels come out...but that I should not get to downhearted...like wtf....argh...i was happy that the waiting finished yesterday and now i need to wait till 20 august for alevels...that sucks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesssa)
    well I have a simmilar situation I called and they said that we need to wait till Alevels come out...but that I should not get to downhearted...like wtf....argh...i was happy that the waiting finished yesterday and now i need to wait till 20 august for alevels...that sucks
    Well what are we all going to do until August 20th? And what are we going to do if they still turn around and say no?

This is so stressful.

ReputationRep:
    & I know everyone says call the University....

but who do you call?

ReputationRep:
    my life is fked up ...
    i am screwed..i am 1 point off from my LOWEST OFFER!!!
    i already called and e-mailed..and all they said was..
    "we said its 30 then its30, although 1 poiint is little, it would be weird if we said 30 and we still accept a 29"
    ONE POINT couLD CHANGE MY LIFE SERIOUSLYY!!!!
    i am dead....

ReputationRep:
    Well i've just got off the phone to admissions at my Uni at they said "not to worry" because I achieved the 15HL points I needed, despite getting 3points below my offer.

I have to wait until 30th July for the SQA results to come out & they said they would be in touch.

The lady at admissions to me "not to worry" at least 5 times... but I am still worried.

I feel dreadful for all of you who have to wait until 20th August for the A2 results.

I'm just away to head up to College to speak to me Coordinator and collect my documentation so I can post it to the Uni.xxx

ReputationRep:
    lets find out solution. first, when can we start applying clearing?

ReputationRep:
    20 august when alevels are out

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.