Turn on thread page Beta

Need quick weight gain. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I want to gain weight and fast. I'm a 19year old and I lost a lot of weight over the past few months for many reasons and I desperately want to put it back on as I look too thin. I want to put on altogether about 10pounds. I want to put on at least 5pounds by the end of next week - is this possible?
    I have a fairly small appetite at the moment, but I eat 3 meals per day. I know I have to increase snacking etc. At the moment I'm not too worried about my fitness. I would rather stabilise my weight and then balance it with excercise, but I know if I start exercising at the moment I will just loose even more pounds.
    Also, would protein shakes help me gain weight fast?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! x

ReputationRep:
    If i was you I wouldn't really go for the shakes, i'd each lots of protein and carbohydrates and foods in high sat fat!
    Ahh wish I could! But gotta tone up for my holiday in two weeks!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Krispy Kreme donuts are amazing for taste and piling on the pounds, if you desperately, desperately want to gain the weight than buy a dozen of these and chow down, but I wouldn't reccomend putting on weight too quickly..it's not very good for you. good luck on that anyway

ReputationRep:
    Protein shakes would help a bit, but fairly inneficient caloric value.

Weight gainer would help more. but these are expensive solutions for a simple problem.

Eat more, preferably healthy foods. try find calorie dense ones like nuts and all that kinda stuff.

Shove pizza in your mouth.

ReputationRep:
    3x burger king a day

ReputationRep:
    Do nothing. Eat epic amounts. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Its nice to see a girl acknowledge they look too skinny for once. I'd advise lots of Mcdonalds

ReputationRep:
    This thread tempts me too much

ReputationRep:
    if you odn't mind it being fat then yeh you can gain that amount.

If you dirnk al ot of water it can be water weight etc... are yo uloolking for a permanent weight? Stuffing your face won't be healthy then in that regard. Just do what yo'ure doing but shove 100g of nuts and seeds and high calorie dennse foods into your mouth everyday

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies really appreciated!

Yeh looking for permanent weight but basically I want to look better than I do at the moment in about 1week! So initially I just want a fast weight gain and then stabilise it later on and start eating healthier and worrying about all that afterwards. Would water weight make me gain weight all over, like on my legs arms and generally all over my body? Because thats what I want.
    I just had a largee dinner.
    But basically I was wondering you know how on average your meant to have 2000cals per day. Well, say if on average I just had about 1500cals per day, if I increased it to about 1800per day, would I gain much or would this be insignificant?

ReputationRep:
    Just eat a load of food, junk food preferably.

Why is that so hard to fathom?

ReputationRep:
    Lord of the Rings is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    I would've thought this is obvious. Just Eat.

ReputationRep:
    I bought some of the weight gaining products from Myprotein a couple of days ago, they came today, they don't taste very nice. Maybe I should have got another flavour. I really don't like strawberry anymore lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deano88)
    I would've thought this is obvious. Just Eat.
    Not as easy as that, especially if you're quite naturally skinny like myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    Not as easy as that, especially if you're quite naturally skinny like myself.
    Maybe not at first. But you'll get used to it reasonably quickly.

ReputationRep:
    well I wouldn't recommend junk food, this is something he wants permanently, not just a quick fix.

But yeh, if you are eating 1500 and you bump it up to 1800 a day you will see results

Dude, just have a healthy diet, but eat more, its not difficult to know the answer, but it can be difficult to execute.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the actual useful replies. It isn't that easy to just gain weight for some people very quickly. I specifically stated I wanted fast results, and was enquiring about the protein shakes too. Its just the same as saying to a fat person, "just stop eating so much its that easy". Its clearly not.

But to everyone else thanks! x

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.