Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right I think I may have post this before but situation has got slightly worse.

long-story short I did quite bad in my first year at uni (computer science at bath) and ended up getting taken off the honours degree and put into the ordinary degree after managing to do some extra-work for failing one of the main units.

this year, I just got my results back and failed three semester units (total of 18 credits) and passed my other year-long units. Managed to get my average to the borderline of a 2:2 for my second year, which means i increased almost 8% from my first year.

I had no problems finding a placement which I have started about 3 weeks ago and that I am enjoying quite a lot.

My question is, is this degree worth anything? I know that if I do quite well in my final year, which I believe I could do as placement is giving me a lot of experience, I can possibly end up with an average of a 2:2 as the first year doesn't count but really is worth it? Is it really true that employers only look at experience after your first job as a graduate?

Thanks a lot guys, any comments are much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    there's gotta be someone with an opinion :/

ReputationRep:
    If you are on the ordinary degree course how can you be on target to get a 2:2 (which is an honours degree)?

ReputationRep:
    I obviously meant the equivalent of it so 50-60%.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.