Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any way to get ur ear pierced without lettin ur parents know? i was thinkin bout doin it and takin it out whenever they saw me and puttin it bak in afterwards cos i know they wud kill me

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'd get away with it for too long!! Even if you took earrings out they'd end up seeing the holes...Why would they kill you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike87)
    Is there any way to get ur ear pierced without lettin ur parents know? i was thinkin bout doin it and takin it out whenever they saw me and puttin it bak in afterwards cos i know they wud kill me
    lol, did u join this board just to ask that question, lol.

ReputationRep:
    You could break off little pieces of toothpick and stick them in your holes - I used to have to do that in my old school because we weren't allowed earrings for 'safety' reasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    You could break off little pieces of toothpick and stick them in your holes - I used to have to do that in my old school because we weren't allowed earrings for 'safety' reasons.
    I don't know that mucb about piercings but I know you have to keep a stud or something in for weeks after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    I don't know that mucb about piercings but I know you have to keep a stud or something in for weeks after
    The pieces of toothpick act as studs - as long as you replace them daily and keep to the cleaning regime the piercers give you, hygiene isn't a problem. It is a good idea to wear your studs as much as possible though i.e. when at school/going out.

ReputationRep:
    You have to keep earrings in constantly for 6 weeks after piercing. I had my ears pierced for the first time when I was 16 that was fine by mum. I wanted them done for a second time and my mum was none too pleased but I got them done anyway and because my hair was long at the time she didnt notice for about 6 months however i got into big trouble when she did notice.

I wish now I hadnt had them done I hardly ever wear earrings anyway but you cant see my holes anyway so I guess it doesnt matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    You have to keep earrings in constantly for 6 weeks after piercing.
    When I talked to the people at John Lewis and Claire's (the two places where I got my piercings) they said the toothpick idea was fine as long as you keep your holes clean

ReputationRep:
    never had peircings; never will.
    but really; toothpicks, surely they'd stand out even more.......

ReputationRep:
    i think u can get a see through stud which may help disguise it

ReputationRep:
    what si the meed for peircings anyway? i havent got anything peirced

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.