The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

abstraction98
To be fair, you sort of are.

Here comes Andy to accuse me of flirting..

...[Eyebrow smiley]...
abstraction98
Mines getting on to double that.

Ouch. I'm in NW England, when I was applying to places, people thought *I* was going long distance because I put down Edinburgh and Southampton.
andyroo_g

Did you get negged?

Been making some more threads about atheists? :p:
Fleurvert
I take compliments where I can get them, so I'm going to construe it as one.

lol

andyroo_g
...[Eyebrow smiley]...

...[yep smiley]... (jokes)

Canned Door

Ouch. I'm in NW England, when I was applying to places, people thought *I* was going long distance because I put down Edinburgh and Southampton.

Yeh scary biscuits. No one is going to go home mid term anyway, so it probably won't make that much of a difference. I despise Edinburgh university.
Fleurvert
Did you get negged?

Been making some more threads about atheists? :p:

I don't think so, why?
abstraction98
...[yep smiley]...

We have a new power couple!
andyroo_g
I don't think so, why?

I thought you had more green things than that..

I got repped by someone outside The Thread the other day, it was crazy.
andyroo_g
We have a new power couple!

Power?
abstraction98
Yeh scary biscuits. No one is going to go home mid term anyway, so it probably won't make that much of a difference. I despise Edinburgh university.

It was such a fun open day to go to. we got the coach up from Preston at 2am, to be there for the start of it. The return coach got back to Preston 3am the next morning. We played card-based Kick drinking games in Edinburgh bus station. Highly irresponsible, I know. ;(

What do you have against the place?
Fleurvert
I thought you had more green things than that..

I got repped by someone outside The Thread the other day, it was crazy.

You ventured outside? Where to?
andyroo_g
You ventured outside? Where to?

I made a crude innuendo in H&R. :cool:

The thread has been deleted now.
Canned Door
It was such a fun open day to go to. we got the coach up from Preston at 2am, to be there for the start of it. The return coach got back to Preston 3am the next morning. We played card-based Kick drinking games in Edinburgh bus station. Highly irresponsible, I know. ;(

What do you have against the place?

Sounds good. Our open days are all do it yourself affairs with us and mates in youth hostels. Nothing nearly as exciting happened though..

Well, Edinburgh seems to languish in its tepid reputation rather than trying to take it further. I don't like the campus in many many ways, the courses offered (for me) were a bit lukewarm and the whole place is very biased towards Scottish applicants. I think it is a bit unfair on the English to be hones.t
Fleurvert
I made a crude innuendo in H&R. :cool:

The thread has been deleted now.

I'm convinced that the aim of the mods is to destroy all fun.

We so meet that criteria.

Anyway, off for a dogless walk in the woods with philosophical friend.
andyroo_g
I'm convinced that the aim of the mods is to destroy all fun.

Speaking from personal experience? :p:

Did you not 'enjoy your ban'?
We just decided we'd save ourselves the youth hostel. :tongue:

I tell you what, Southampton, when I went there, I thought the exact opposite. They really showed what they were doing to be constantly improving and that impressed me. Massively. Edinburgh, less so. And I agree with you on the point about being against non-Scotland. But, I can understand that. I mean, it's partly because of the financing system for Scottish students in Scotland, and partly that, as far as I can tell, Scottish students would tend to go for scottish universities more than English students would. And partly that Edinburgh actively favours local students (but then, it's doing its bit for the local area. I got the impression from quite a few people on the open day that they'd be coming in from home every day.) I liked the flexibility of the courses, but then, they were more flexible in terms of doing different subjects rather than having much choice as to what you do *within* those subjects. ramblerambleramble...
Fleurvert
Speaking from personal experience? :p:

Did you not 'enjoy your ban'?

I couldn't possibly comment.
Is anyone Skype-ing tonight? I have now until 3.45 to fill with any activity that isn't sleeping.
andyroo_g
Is anyone Skype-ing tonight? I have now until 3.45 to fill with any activity that isn't sleeping.

Possibly, but you don't even speak on Skype!

Doesn't a certain someone on Skype remind you of this: http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/08/18/107-self-aware-hip-hop-references/?