The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xangelfacex

Yeah, I saw that, but it didn't really seem to make much sense. Ah well.
andyroo_g
Yeah, I saw that, but it didn't really seem to make much sense. Ah well.

I wonder if he uses it in everyday speech.
xangelfacex
I wonder if he uses it in everyday speech.

I've heard gubbins used before! Great word :p:
Melz0r
Really? We get given the impression that anyone typing "anti" and "China" on a keyboard sets off an immediate reaction and is instantly vaporised.

That's very Orwellian of you.

I've heard the word gubbins before. Never seen it slipped into casual conversation though, so congrats to abs on that.
xangelfacex
Oh yeah, I forgot about his "admission". Hmm, upon reflection a stern glance will do instead :p:

i thought you knew better than to take me seriously.

why were you the only one that wished me happy birthday on facebook? :frown:
Well I would wish you a happy birthday now I know, but then it would just seem reactionary on my part.
I have never heard the word "gubbins" before, though I do vaguely recall coming across this during AS revision.
Ploop
Well I would wish you a happy birthday now I know, but then it would just seem reactionary on my part.

it wouldn't seem reactionary at all.
Tyrotoxism
it wouldn't seem reactionary at all.

I did think that as I wrote it, but didn't think any alternative would be punchy enough.
Tyrotoxism
i thought you knew better than to take me seriously.

why were you the only one that wished me happy birthday on facebook? :frown:

When you said it was your birthday, I wrote the comment really quickly to make sure Andy etc. didn't get there first; evidently I was a bit presumptuous in thinking they were nice people :p:

Also, I don't take you seriously. I wasn't being entirely serious myself
'Gubbins' is making me famous. :yep:
xangelfacex
When you said it was your birthday, I wrote the comment really quickly to make sure Andy etc. didn't get there first; evidently I was a bit presumptuous in thinking they were nice people :p:

Noted.
I was never sure if it was gubbins or dubbins. I think I've heard and used both. Normally 'important dubbins I've just lost and shouldn't have oooooopppssss.

I'll be back in an hour and a half. :smile:
xangelfacex

madame, you require a dose of cynicism.
Ploop
I did think that as I wrote it, but didn't think any alternative would be punchy enough.

is this your work?

Tyrotoxism
madame, you require a dose of cynicism.

The only reason why I didn't make such a post on your wall was my fear that you would be cynical as to my intentions, in that I thought you might suspect I didn't really care to wish you a happy birthday and was only doing so meretriciously! Of course, I then seem horrible, but I figured it's cooler to come over as callous than to sound insincere :p: . (Yes, all apologies of mine look like this!)
Reply 7717
Melz0r
Really? We get given the impression that anyone typing "anti" and "China" on a keyboard sets off an immediate reaction and is instantly vaporised.
Anti-China what? :eek:

:ninja::ninjagirl::ninja2:
I'm in folks :smile:

Best of luck to you all on the 20th.
Reply 7719
abstraction98
I'm in folks :smile:

Best of luck to you all on the 20th.

Ee, congratulations!

I know I have mentioned this before but I'd just like to remind the thread that the 20th august is MY 18TH BIRTHDAY OMG.

Latest

Trending

Trending