The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7800
To be fair, you people with christmassy birthdays, it is very tricky on the wallet! My boyfriend's is christmas eve, it's terrible.
Tyrotoxism
she didn't ever do it. dave assumed.

she didn't, but its going on 'The List'
Reply 7802
Original post by &#20026
i would have if they let me
My Dad is friends with a Major-General in China, pity he couldn't get me onto a range this time :mad:
Tyrotoxism
do they not allow in mao sympathisers?

more like they don't let in 17 year old skinny nerd looking guys
Original post by &#20026
she didn't, but its going on 'The List'

i have got to see this list.
Original post by &#20026
more like they don't let in 17 year old skinny nerd looking guys

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/
azhao
My Dad is friends with a Major-General in China, pity he couldn't get me onto a range this time

mao's grandson is also a major general in the pla......hmmmm....interesting
Tyrotoxism
i have got to see this list.

the only 2 things i can reveal from the list as of now is

1. get fleur hammered

2. make lisa speak french

you can guess at the others....
Reply 7808
Original post by &#20026
mao's grandson is also a major general in the pla......hmmmm....interesting
Not him, Dad is friends with him because they come from the same town.
Original post by &#20026
the only 2 things i can reveal from the list as of now is

1. get fleur hammered

2. make lisa speak french

you can guess at the others....

i think i've got the gist of the list.
Congratulations on getting in, Ben! :smile:
abstraction98
Yes.

Are you going to tell me?
azhao
You are exactly 3 days younger than me little bro. :biggrin:

I think that means we have the same birthday!
Reply 7813
andyroo_g
I think that means we have the same birthday!
:eek3:
Oh dear...

... I mean: :five:
azhao
Oh dear...

... I mean:

Huh?
andyroo_g
Are you going to tell me?

Maybe

No. Erm, well Christ's said don't ring them up as they automatically start thinking about relaxing your conditions. This may be of interest although it's no guarantee:

What if I do not achieve the conditions?
We hope that applicants respond to their conditions as a realistic challenge, and are not daunted by them. In practice, the target may be relaxed when results are known (though no guarantee can be given). Indeed, in recent years nearly a quarter of Cambridge' s applicants who were finally accepted had narrowly missed their conditions. There is also a second inter-College Pool in August, and some applicants who miss their target may then receive an offer of a firm place from another Cambridge College . No further interviews are held at the time of the August Pool.
[Christ's website]

Having said this, it may be a good idea to ring them up at some stage, albeit not immediately afterwards. Stressing your mock grades/percentages if you have them may be a good idea. It would probably be a better idea to be honest and say you'd had an off day than conjure up some feeble excuse.
Reply 7817
abstraction98
Maybe

No. Erm, well Christ's said don't ring them up as they automatically start thinking about relaxing your conditions. This may be of interest although it's no guarantee:

What if I do not achieve the conditions?
We hope that applicants respond to their conditions as a realistic challenge, and are not daunted by them. In practice, the target may be relaxed when results are known (though no guarantee can be given). Indeed, in recent years nearly a quarter of Cambridge' s applicants who were finally accepted had narrowly missed their conditions. There is also a second inter-College Pool in August, and some applicants who miss their target may then receive an offer of a firm place from another Cambridge College . No further interviews are held at the time of the August Pool.
[Christ's website]

Having said this, it may be a good idea to ring them up at some stage, albeit not immediately afterwards. Stressing your mock grades/percentages if you have them may be a good idea. It would probably be a better idea to be honest and say you'd had an off day than conjure up some feeble excuse.

*Frantically searches through the Corpus website*
Tyrotoxism
i think i've got the gist of the list.

oppps have i given too mucg away
Original post by &#20026
oppps have i given too mucg away

I love Menschs quote in your signature.

Latest

Trending

Trending