The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
What are Emma people called?

I'll tell you what Emma people are called, they're called AWESOME.

Dave, I've forgotten what accomodation you've applied for.
Tyrotoxism
http://www.varsity.co.uk/archive/669.pdf

page 4.

can't believe medics have on average 8.2 sexual partners.

That's because they don't. You learn very quickly that Varsity and their surveys are a load of BS.
alex_hk90
That's because they don't. You learn very quickly that Varsity and their surveys are a load of BS.

Thats a shame considering half of my knowledge of Cambridge was formed from reading backdated copies of Varsity....
Melz0r

The Wrong One.

I wish they'd've rounded on the survey. I know what the "0.2" of a person means but I still find it disconcerting. It's not like they're going for accuracy anyway, more general indications possibly.
Fleurvert

Are we not enough for you?

I did not make you. You had been thinking about it anyway you cheeky bastard.

its no fun hitting on you all the time. you never say 'yes' to anything i suggest. I know you are playing hard to get, and i like it, but sometimes, i just don't see a future between us 2
The West Wing

It's over lifetime though, so since about half the medics are in clinicals (year 4-6 of uni), they're older.

well that sucks. i was actually hopeing for 8.2 at any single point in time
Melz0r
According to Varsity I am destined for a level of mediocre promiscuity at Cambridge. Emma has a so-so ranking for promiscuity and MML is neither a virgin subject nor a tart subject. So basically I'll just have a normal sex life.

i was rather disappointed at emma's ranking if i m honest.

also, according to the cambridge survival guide published by the CUSU. Its a myth that uni students are 'at it' 24/7. They also claim drugs are bad, and date rape is ilegal.

(why am i going to uni?)
Melz0r

I'll tell you what Emma people are called, they're called AWESOME.

emmanulians?

or Gods

awesome will do.

funny story about accoms apps.i thought i sent them off 3 months ago. turns out, they were at a pile under my desk. yeaks. so i basically sent them off last week

i applied to NC. doesn't mean i m going to get it though
sonofdot
Congrats, hopefully I'll be joining you there

Given that you were pooled there, have you had a chance to look around caius yet? What do you think? :smile:

Cool, good luck for your results.

Yeah I was down for a few days at Easter to look around; Snake court has ridiculously cool accomodation so I hope I get in there, and I think its hilarious that Caius is as central as its possible to get but no-one notices it because we 're not visible from the Backs. Literally walked past the entrance the first time.
Blaah
Cool, good luck for your results.

Yeah I was down for a few days at Easter to look around; Snake court has ridiculously cool accomodation so I hope I get in there, and I think its hilarious that Caius is as central as its possible to get but no-one notices it because we 're not visible from the Backs. Literally walked past the entrance the first time.

I know, its very amusing. I remember a conversation I had with my cousin, who's lived in cambridge her whole life, a few months ago:
Cousin: So which college are you applying to again?
Me: Caius
Cousin: Which one is that again?
Me: Its bang in the middle of town, near Kings
Cousin: *blank look*
Me: you know, past Senate House on the way towards Trinity...
Cousin: *blank look*
Me: :rolleyes:
Melz0r

I think I've seen 'Emmanuelite' somewhere, but that's a bit sucky. It's a bit like how Germanist sounds like awesome and 'Frenchist' isn't a word or if it is, it sounds a bit xenophobic.
Reply 7931
Canned Door
I think I've seen 'Emmanuelite' somewhere, but that's a bit sucky. It's a bit like how Germanist sounds like awesome and 'Frenchist' isn't a word or if it is, it sounds a bit xenophobic.

Germanist is a great word. I also love how Germans study "Germanistik" at university. :love:

Phedre's just told Hippolyte she :love: s him and Hippolyte's like :lolwut:
Reply 7932
Original post by &#20026
emmanulians?

or Gods

awesome will do.

funny story about accoms apps.i thought i sent them off 3 months ago. turns out, they were at a pile under my desk. yeaks. so i basically sent them off last week

i applied to NC. doesn't mean i m going to get it though

I might be living in the same building as Dave.

:lolwut:
I told you it was the Wrong One.

I love the language in this thing so much. I thought I'd hate the constant rhyme in Phèdre, but it's quite fun really. I'm going to need to draw a few family trees though. And cook lunch soon. Blargh. What shall I have? Eggs and quorn burgers or something like that.
Melz0r

lol don't worry

i m sure we ll be doing alot more than just living in the same building....(if you know what i mean)

:wink:
Melz0r
Germanist is a great word. I also love how Germans study "Germanistik" at university. :love:

Phedre's just told Hippolyte she :love: s him and Hippolyte's like :lolwut:

Apparently, what I'm (WHIF) going to be studying is known in Germany as "Orientalistik". Which sounds pretty damn cool, doesn't it? I got the most amazing response when I told a German girl I know that I'll be studying "Orientalistik".

I love your plot précis, by the way! (When are you going to see it?)
Reply 7936
Canned Door
I told you it was the Wrong One.

I love the language in this thing so much. I thought I'd hate the constant rhyme in Phèdre, but it's quite fun really. I'm going to need to draw a few family trees though. And cook lunch soon. Blargh. What shall I have? Eggs and quorn burgers or something like that.

It's a really nice rhyme, isn't it? I don't know how one goes about saying it 'literarily' but sometimes I just read a couplet and smile to myself because it's so lovely. :cool:
alex_hk90

they don't as in 8.2 is too low or high?
Reply 7938
Melz0r

Oh what an awful coincidence, pity thats the only coincidental accomodation thats going to happen eh fleur?
fleurvert
:rolleyes:
Reply 7939
renaissancemensch
Apparently, what I'm (WHIF) going to be studying is known in Germany as "Orientalistik". Which sounds pretty damn cool, doesn't it? I got the most amazing response when I told a German girl I know that I'll be studying "Orientalistik".

I love your plot précis, by the way! (When are you going to see it?)

Orientaltastik! :biggrin:

Going to see it on Sunday, hoping the train strikes'll be done by then.

Latest

Trending

Trending