Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Due to start uni in September.
    In a 16k yr job atm.
    Confused as to whether I should go to uni or stay in employment.

I can either be a poor student for 3 year. ( will only have £1800 saved + student loan).

Or I can stay in work, get myself a new car and other 'fancy' things I wouldn't be able to get if I went to uni.

So so so confused, it's actually getting me down as Im scared incase I make the wrong choice :/

ReputationRep:
    you're job may not last forever in the current climate

ReputationRep:
    It might be good now being able to buy things etc, but in 3 or 4 years time will you still be doing the same thing for the same money?

Genuine question as I have no idea what it is you do or if theres oppertunity to move up.

I was making 17k on my gap year job, yeah its pretty tidy at this age but definately not what I want to be earning when I'm older.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.