Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Lessons - How many did you have? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering how many hours of lessons it took you before you passed your test.

I am hoping to do it in 20-25, is this realistic?

ReputationRep:
    apparently its 1.5 for every year youre alive, so yeah thats realistic

ReputationRep:
    My friend only needed 14 lessons. Knowing me, I'll probably need 3 times that hah. I'm a slow, clumsy learner. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    apparently its 1.5 for every year youre alive, so yeah thats realistic
    And they didn't believe me when I said I was driving when I was three.

ReputationRep:
    I had 6 hour long lessons... I don't know why it takes some people so many!

ReputationRep:
    i had 34 hours altogether.
    i think it depends on how often you had them aswell
    i mean dont get me wrong, i was a lame driver to start with, but 34 was a good target for me.
    so just see how you pick it up in your first couple of lessons and then you will be able to have an idea of how long you will need.
    also make sure your driving instructor isnt just trying to drag out your lessons to get more money out of you.
    my friend had 46 hours (he failed first time last week) because his driving instructor was spreading the new stuff over weeks and weeks just trying to get more money!

ReputationRep:
    Probably 50 or so, overprepared but I aced my test, no nerves or nothing. The plus side was my lessons were all free and I could have them whenever I wanted.

ReputationRep:
    I had 6, 1 hour lessons.

But I live in a rural farmland area so had been driving around long before I turned 17!

ReputationRep:
    i had about 26 hours over 12 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSkyFire)
    Probably 50 or so, overprepared but I aced my test, no nerves or nothing. The plus side was my lessons were all free and I could have them whenever I wanted.
    I think anyone would go for as many lessons as they wanted, especially if they were free.

ReputationRep:
    Over 9000. I was an awful driver with lots of money.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on my 21st now, it's really taking forever. I don't even think I'm that bad either.

ReputationRep:
    About 22 hours.

I passed 2nd time too. Altogether cost about £600.

ReputationRep:
    Started learning to drive in October, took my first driving test last wednesday. Failed, but felt really good about how i drived, i just made a few stupid mistakes [eg. braking suddenly for an amber instead of going through]
    I think i've had about 50 hours, all of the lessons are an hour and a half but because i live in a village it takes half hour to get to town to practice any sort of 'real' driving.
    So its probably a third of 50, if you think about it.
    Still, i have my own little banger to practise in for my next test on the 22nd, been practising going through amber lights. I know it sounds stupid but whenever it goes amber my foot automatically hits the brake, my mums like 'GOOOOOO THROUGHHHH'.

Good times.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised so many of you had so few - I thought the average was 45 hours, and most of my friends seemed to have about that much.

ReputationRep:
    I had none. Just practice with the old fella.

ReputationRep:
    I think I had about 20-25 when I took my first test, think it was more about 35 by the time i actually passed though.

ReputationRep:
    Had 17 so far and I'm nowhere near having my test...

ReputationRep:
    My bro only had about 16 and passed 1st time.

ReputationRep:
    i knew nothing when i started. absolutely nothing. i've had24hours so far i think and apparently i am not far off taking the test. i just need to improve my observance a bit.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.