Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

How many of you are riding bikes in Preston? Actually, I haven't seen a single bike the whole time I was in there, so they are not so popular here, right? What do you think about getting a bike instead of using public transport for going outside the city center (to Morrisons, Cinema, Dockland, or smth)? Is there any safe place where to keep a bike if you're living in Halls (Boatman's Court for example)?

Thanks for any advice, guys

ReputationRep:
    Most halls have "secure" bike racks, dunnor how secure they are lol. I think i may get a bike just for exercise but i wouldnt use it to go shopping etc or even the cinema because what happens if you all decide to go for a drink after the cinema or something. I guess this doesnt really matter if you dont drink or anything but yeahh.

ReputationRep:
    well, im not sure boatmans has a bike rack, because it has no outside space, i know all the uni halls, and foundry and trinity have bike racks,
    Erm, the cinema isnt that far to walk, 15mins, and unless the people you go with have bikes aswell,
    there is some bike users in preston, there is a dedicated bike lane that passes foster (red lane next to pavement) but most people walk in this and get in the way of others,
    A bike is prob most usefull to just keep fit,

University open days

• University of Central Lancashire
    Preston campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.